The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just notice that my ODB2 port is not working when I plugged in the BlueDriver ODB2 bluetooth scanner today. I was able to get it to talk to the scanner in the past but couldn't today. I have checked all fuses at the front fuse box under the access panel, the fuse box under passenger footwell and the 2 little fuse boxes on the back engine firewall. Is there any other places that I should check? Has anyone ran into this problem before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
(I don't have a Lotus "yet") I have seen this problem on another car. Is the light, lighting up showing it has power? Or is it just not getting any feed from the engine.

If it's not getting any power, you may have to run a bypass. Check port 16 of your OBD2 port that is your 12 volt positive first. IF no power is your problem you can run a 12v wire from your battery or a cigar lighter adapter and tap the back of the wire. (one way is with sticking a small baby diaper pin though it so you don't cut anything) then touching the hot wire to the metal. That will give you power to the unit.

If it's a communication error you will have to see what wires on a pinout feed from your computer.

Just google "OBD2 PINOUT" for a wiring diagram.

On most cars the OBD2 PLUG only has one or two screws holding it own so it may be easier to unscrew it and drop it down some.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has power and the reader comes online when I plugged it in but the reader can't connect to the ECU.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I suspected was after passing my smog, I have sent my ECU to BOE for the Torque200 tune. I'm not sure if this have anything to do with it. The car run just fine without any CEL though. I hope that Phil from BOE can see this post and give me some advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't have another device to test out to see if it's the device most chain autoparts stores will code read your car for free, or it should be free or not much at all to pull into a shop tell them you need to see if their reader will read your pcm for codes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried 4 different OBD2 readers including the Snap-On reader at my friend's shop and 2 at the smog check stations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who installed the PCM back into your car? If it was you look to see if their isn't any bent pins on the PCM, then get a pinout of the PCM and check to see if the wires are plugged in properly to the communication port.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just took out the ECU and verified that there aren't any ben pins or burn marks and carefully hooked up the connectors again but still can't get the reader to communicate with the ECU. I have also used the multimeter and verified that there are power to all the pins on the OBD2 port.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I just took out the ECU and verified that there aren't any ben pins or burn marks and carefully hooked up the connectors again but still can't get the reader to communicate with the ECU. I have also used the multimeter and verified that there are power to all the pins on the OBD2 port.
I think you should double check the OBD2 wires again. There's only B+ "hot all times" the others will not have power.
The fuse associated with it is located in the engine bay R4 5a fuse.
It on the left side (1st bank of 2) last slot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just double check the OBD2 wires and the fuse again. All fuses are good at the engine bay. There is 12.85v at the "red" pin and 2.54v at the CAN+/- when I turn on the engine and only 12v at the "red" pin and all other pins have no power when turn off the car. I'm not sure if this is how it supposed to be.

PS: picture from the following site

1596931902481.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts