The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys n gals... been snooping for a while and I figured I'd post :eek:
I've been wanting an Elise since before they came to the US... and suffice to say I was ecstatic when they did... and if all goes to plan I will be putting in an order for an Elise SC(sport pack, hard top, starshield, Storm titanium):drool: a little bit later this year. Also... unless someone beats me to it... it will be the first elise on the island of Kauai(no dealership here so it would have to come from Oahu... which means I have to do everything myself). Ive been driving a 2007 2dr Yaris for the past year... Base model... doesn't even have a stereo/radio... I coulda put one in, but it would have taken money out of my Elise fund :nanner2: I'll have to put a license plate cover on my Yaris that says "this is my big car" once I get the Elise. We have no proper tracks on Kauai :( but the road up to the mountain in the center of the island is a block from where I live so it will have to suffice :shift:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
You'll probably get to know the only cop in town very well !! rotfl

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I think there is an Aubergine (purple) Elise on Maui, and an Elise or 2 on the big island & Oahu ? Maybe once a year you guys could all meet up on the big island, hire a cargo plane ? ;)
Welcome!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm fricken chomping at the bit to order it...

but I have to wait and find out if my job is still gonna be here(contract renewal... long story)... or if I'll have to move(hoping not) but regardless of where I end up... I'm getting an elise :nanner:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm fricken chomping at the bit to order it...

but I have to wait and find out if my job is still gonna be here(contract renewal... long story)... or if I'll have to move(hoping not) but regardless of where I end up... I'm getting an elise :nanner:
Enjoy. I can't put the thing down. Makes my Audi TT feel like a tractor.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If I were to be living in Kauai, the only problem I'd have is not enough roads to take advantage of the fun the car has to offer. That's the first thing I thought when I was there this past year. I don't know all the roads there, so maybe there really are some good ones. Then again, I'm spoiled by the awesome roads in the Santa Cruz mountains in Nor Cal.

But if an Elise is on your want list by all means do what you can to get it! It's an experience like no other, and you'll have lots of people checkin out the car, and fun times ahead! Go for it!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome! I hope it works out for you. Kauai has some lovely roads in my opinion. It is one of my favourite places. When you get your car you will be the luckiest man on earth. Great car and great place to live!
Kev

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damnit... this forum is contagious... been here like a week and I already caught a case of exige-itus-poke- a bad one too... only one cure, 240hp worth of exige injected into my pants... *sigh* time to start stuffing more money under my mattress :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yah, the Exige S 240 is something I dream of, but I have to say the rest of the Lotus line of cars are well worth owning! Yes, I wish I had an Exige S 240, but when out driving my 'justa' 06 Exige, the smile on my face makes me forget... Until I start reading the forums again... You'll love any Lotus you can get... really.
Cheers,
Skottoman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts