The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the OBX header / de-cat will work on a 2008 S-240? I am getting conflicting answers from the sellers on EBay

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Anyone know if the OBX header / de-cat will work on a 2008 S-240? I am getting conflicting answers from the sellers on EBay
the reason you are getting conflicting answers is because OBX is just a knockoff brand (most likely the reason you are contemplating them is because of how much less they charge compared to the other lotus specified vendors)

chances of OBX's setup fitting perfectly without modification is about 60%... chances of something like a authentic 2bular setup fitting = 100%

you will get what you pay for in this case... the fitment is normally the biggest issue when it comes to these knockoff brands

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I had an OBX header on a previous car (WRX). No issues of any kind. I had the car for 8 years and the new owner still has the car, so the headers are 10+ years old.

San

·
Registered
300 Posts
the reason you are getting conflicting answers is because OBX is just a knockoff brand (most likely the reason you are contemplating them is because of how much less they charge compared to the other lotus specified vendors)

chances of OBX's setup fitting perfectly without modification is about 60%... chances of something like a authentic 2bular setup fitting = 100%

you will get what you pay for in this case... the fitment is normally the biggest issue when it comes to these knockoff brands
Agreed.

Plus you get hit or miss quality (seen some where the welds don't hold up very well)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OBX or Weapon-r

Besides the above have anyone used the Weapon-R header/ de-cat.i see both on eBay. I'm thinking the Weapon-R might be very loud with my "stage 3" muffler. The reason I want to go this route is to help figure out why I'm not making the power I should with the Koldfire270 tune. I hear it's possible to clog the cat from a lot of track days. I might try to gut another cat and swap out mine. I have a really good welder.( cut it open, gut,reweld) before I buy a sport cat or cat delete. I'm going to pick some brains at the LOG first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts