The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone taken their lotus to the OBX? I'm down in Hatteras for vacation and I was thinking about bringing mine but didn't want it to sit outside on the beach front for two weeks and HWY 12 S is rather bland.

Pictures anyone?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I almost did, but decided to carpool with my brother and sister instead.

I think it is always better to take the Lotus over other cars. it makes the drive that much more interesting!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just got back from OBX this past Saturday. We go every year and I have considered taking mine the past few several times and again this year (even got it all waxed up the night before leaving). We have seven kids, so my wife would have had to drive our Excursion and only one child could have gone with me. She said she was fine doing that, but instead we ended up taking my wife's Saab convertible and our Mercedes wagon instead.

I don't think you have to worry about the elements. Give it a good coat of wax before going down and wash it when you return. I would worry about the other drivers though. Every year, I see a number of minor accidents down there. Just the result of a large number of tourists unfamiliar with the area and the distractions of looking for places. This year was no different. In a Lotus, these minor bumps wouldn't be so minor! In Nags Head proper, I would also worry about people messing with it when parked at nights. We stay in a gated area north of Duck so that wouldn't have been a concern.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wonder if we can get Chapster5 to photoshop a picture of an Elise at Canadian Hole? Red? As for which vehicle, the mini van of course no other vehicle can carry so much stuff and get such good gas mileage (ok UPS trucks do pretty good to but brown is not my color). Yes, I have seen the pics of a board or two on the top of an Elise, but I have like six boards, 10 sails, 6 masts, 6 booms and too many fins. As I don`t have one, imagine I put a smiley windsurfing right here.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Not the Outer Banks but kinda similar...

Photos taken in Orange Beach / Gulf Shores Alabama, similar I think to the Outer Banks. Our car actually came from Florida but we made the trek back down to Gulf Shores from Kentucky with it 3 times with no trouble at all. Luckily our condo has a garage and sits back from the main road but the climate is about the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts