The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 13 or 14 yrs, I've put together a drive and camping from Asheville, NC to Cherokee, NC via the Blue Ridge Parkway. I originally started it as a rotary event for Mazdas but this year I wanted to expand and invite the Lotus crowd to come along as well. (Of course, I did drive my first exige last year for it instead of my rx7...)

Saturday morning we meet for breakfast in Asheville, NC - typically at Cracker Barrel about 8a. After breakfast, we head up to the parkway and start the journey south. We take our time, enjoying the leaves and being tourist. Sometimes for lunch we'll drop down into Brevard, other times we've just stayed on the parkway and gotten a late lunch in Cherokee. Finally we setup camp at Smokemont Campground in the Smoky Mountain National park.

We ask folks to contribute some money and a few people run out to the store to grab burgers and dogs for the fire. We cook out, socialize, and have a great time.

I've already reserved a group site for folks who want to camp. But Cherokee has several hotels a short drive away if a tent isn't your thing!

So, who all is interested?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts