The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my 07 Exige S delivered last week and brought it in for NYS inspection. It FAILED to pass due to the 4 "NOT READY" status indicators on
1. EVAP
2. 02 Sensor
3. 02 Heat
4. Catalytic

I talked to lotus and they said to follow the "STANDARD" generic ODBII Drive cycle standards.

1. Start the engine. Idle the engine in drive for two and a half minutes with the A/C and rear

defroster on.

2. Turn the A/C and rear defrost off, and accelerate to 55 mph at half throttle.

3. Hold at a steady speed of 55 mph for three minutes.

4. Decelerate (coast down) to 20 mph without braking or depressing the clutch.

5. Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph at ¾ throttle.

6. Hold at a steady speed of 55 to 60 mph for five minutes.

7. Decelerate (coast down) to a stop without braking.

So Lotus Stated you need (8 hour Cold soak engine rest) between each Drive cyce. Im on my 4th Drive Cycle and its still not clearing. I had this issue on my Viper and Miata but it cleared much faster and easier.

If anyone has any other advice, tricks or remarks please let me know. I cant get this registered until I pass inspections. This is through my friends wholesale dealership so I cannot even get a 10 day inspection for NYS dealers cannot issues 10 days INSP pass. Im fu**ed unless this thing resets its monitors.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Did it clear?

I'm having the same issues (CAT, EVAP, HTR amd O2S) will not go into a ready state in my '07 Exige S with Gotham tune.

What did you do to get it to clear?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having the same issues (CAT, EVAP, HTR amd O2S) will not go into a ready state in my '07 Exige S with Gotham tune.

What did you do to get it to clear?
I overnighted it to Charlie so he could reflash it and he overnighted it back to me (AWESOME SERVICE @ NO CHARGE). I had an old 265 Tune that needed an upgrade to the latest flash. My guess is that is got corrupted at some point. I would also take off the ecu and lok for any debris, silicone or crap on the pins. Dirty pins are another cause for a failed emission. I also had a decat on it that I did not know about so of course I had to buy a Larini sport cat to pair up to my exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts