The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the cross post but I wanted to get a bunch of eyes on my issue.

I have a 2010 Exige 260 Sport.

I had a great day at Oregon Raceway Park on Saturday that was interrupted mid-run by what seems to be an interruption in fuel delivery. The car had a rough time starting for 3 sessions, but ran fine. Finally, on the 4th session, the car started missing, and pressing the gas would do nothing. I finally had to coast off the track and get towed in. Once off track, hitting the started just makes the motor crank without actually starting the car.

Full details and everything I've tried are here:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/odd-fuel-issue-immobilizer-related-113754/#post1719584

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Disconnect power connections to your fuel surge tank, then try listening for your tank fuel pump when you turn the car on. If you don't here your tank pump (when the sound is not being masked by your surge tank pump) then you will have a direction to further debug. I am guessing you have already connected an OBDII scanner to your car, and have found no codes (that would normally be one of the first things to try in any mystery failure). Oh, and add a couple gallons of gas to your tank. Sometimes the fuel-level float will stick after some high-G turns and report you still have fuel in your tank when it is actually empty.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had put 5 gallons in immediately before going on track, and then put another 3 gallons in afterwords (to double check that it wasn't fuel). So I'm sure the tank is full.

I'll try grabbing codes and disconnecting the surge pump. Those are great (and obvious) ideas. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disconnected the surge tank and I don't hear the stock pump engaging. This seems to isolate the issue pretty clearly. Could the immobilizer cause this?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Most people wire the surge fuel tank relay to be driven by the power to the stock fuel pump, without schematics of your change, it is hard to say. You can remove the plastic beauty panel which covers the fuel pump access plate (inside the cockpit of the car) and see if your tank fuel pump is getting juice. If it is getting juice, then it is likely a bad pump. If it isn't, then immobilizer could be an option (or a bad fuse/connection).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts