The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Very nice. I dont think that battery is going anywhere....

I made a strap bracket out of stainless strap that hooks to the bottom and front side of the outboard original bracket and then bolts down to the spot where the in board bracket is.

I like yours better...I may change mine to one like yours.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Okay, I hope I don't sound too much like a girl here. What is a metal jacket? I'm looking on the Odyssey website and I am guessing that I need to buy PC925MJT, their aluminum battery mount, and the additional parts in the picture from the hardware store. And I have someone who can weld the angle piece for me because I *think* that is the only thing I can't do. Sound about right?

The Metal Jacket is a thin metal piece that surrounds the battery. You can buy the Odyssey with or without the jacket. That is what the MJ is in the part number. I like the metal jacket ones as they are more protected from the bracket rubbing.

You can rivit it all together from what I see from the above posts. No need to weld it. I did not use this bracket. I made one up out of Stainless Steel strapping.

Edit...
From looking at the pictures...why do you need to weld? doesnnt this just mount to deck?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts