The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: EVO-MAIL - 5/04
Hartge tweaks to the Mini Cooper S do not invalidate the BMW warranty. In fact, since 2002 there have been 10 warranty issues on more than 200 Hartge Mini's which have been quickly and helpfully covered by BMW.
Fair Point: The way we understand it, the Mini warranty will still cover everything except specific parts fitted or modified by an aftermarket tuner. Those parts should be covered by the tuner's own warranty. -ED

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have seen the discussion here about warranties being voided with certain mods. Depending on what forum you view though a lot of people tend to think they have to do some extensive investigation to prove the mod was the source of the problem. I wouldn't want everyone to jump the gun on warranties being voided. Then less people will modify their cars, lowering the demand for aftermarket products.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chrisngrod said:
I have seen the discussion here about warranties being voided with certain mods. Depending on what forum you view though a lot of people tend to think they have to do some extensive investigation to prove the mod was the source of the problem. I wouldn't want everyone to jump the gun on warranties being voided. Then less people will modify their cars, lowering the demand for aftermarket products.
Hopefully, Lotus will follow BMW's lead
with regard to accredited tuners being allowed to tweak the Elise while not voiding the 'Lotus' warranty.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
no news here...

there is never a warranty on a whole car. each part is warrantied. the car maker must prove that an aftermarket part caused failure of a particular other part/system to deny warranty coverage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts