The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an Oem battery still in use 7 years later, two cars later (both Elises), and a total of 54k miles from both. It's been through two years in the Vegas heat and through many a Pa winter. I'm sure there's a few others out there still going but I'm sure this one is about done.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 05 also is still on the original OEM battery. The key to longevity was probably keeping the battery on a maintainer whenever it was in the garage.
I know it's only a matter of time before it fails so I have an Odyssey ready to go in. Will swap it out when I get around to replacing the oil lines.

JT

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My stock battery (or at least what ever was in it when i purchased it) has been in the car for at least as long as i've owned it... bought in novermber 2006 with 3.5k miles... now has 70k miles.

Mine has been drained dead at least 5-7 times that i'm aware of and i know dealers have drained it additionally on accident too... only lucky thing for it is that it's usually run several times a week and for at least 15 minutes any time i start it, and it's in mild climates. It's certainly nearing the end of it's life, but still holding charge for several days.

It's never been on a tender.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
My 05 also is still on the original OEM battery. The key to longevity was probably keeping the battery on a maintainer whenever it was in the garage.
I know it's only a matter of time before it fails so I have an Odyssey ready to go in. Will swap it out when I get around to replacing the oil lines.

JT
+1
Bought my car in 04/2006 and it is still on the OEM battery.
I also have it on a battery tender whenever the car is parked in my garage.
The battery doesn't seem to care even though I park it from November untill April in my unheated garage at sometimes sub-freezing temperatures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts