The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Criswell looking to pickup the nice factory sliding cupholder. I saw on other posts this part was listed for $103-125, but they're machine was telling them it's $301. Is that really the case?? Anyone know where to pick one up for that $100 range?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You bought the wrong car, if you want cup holders... They should be $500 to discourage people from putting them in... :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Get one for free by going to mcdonalds and getting one of the egg crate cup holders and wedge it under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Good one rotfl but seriously if the OP wants a cupholder, shouldn't we respect that? Not everyone buys a Lotus as a dedicated track car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have know the purist talk was coming since I only have a few posts, I'll take the roasting. rotfl

I affectionately refer to the OEM one as the "cup thong". And I'd like to use my thong to enjoy a nice bottle of water on the way to work in the morning. I figured better for the bottle to perspire on the cup thong in the summer than my seat or floor. :clap:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I should have know the purist talk was coming since I only have a few posts, I'll take the roasting. rotfl

I affectionately refer to the OEM one as the "cup thong". And I'd like to use my thong to enjoy a nice bottle of water on the way to work in the morning. I figured better for the bottle to perspire on the cup thong in the summer than my seat or floor. :clap:

Well, it is an OEM cupholder, after all. Anyway, FYI, the OEM cupholder isn't all that versatile. It works, but only for a few odd-shaped cups. Bottles tend to move around a bit while driving.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Pick up a hooker. Have her hold the cup. You'll save money.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I would love to have a cup-holder to hold my unopened can on the way to work, but alas, I'm a purist, so no cup-holder will ever tarnish my Exige. In fact, it makes me sick that the thing has a radio and A/C, and if it weren't for the resale...

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,145 Posts
I use the cheap black plastic kind that hooks over the door into the window slot. Someone here posted photos of his/hers, too.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I've think I've posted photos of one I've used before. I tend to rotate them frequently.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I saw the offerings from S111 and BWR, but didn't appeal to me as the OEM since the looked very Lotus like despite being a cupholder in a track car.

Pick up a hooker. Have her hold the cup. You'll save money.
rotfl

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I should clarify that she is not a hooker. lol.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I should clarify that she is not a hooker. lol.
Funny!

Guys - give the "ya can't have a cupholder in a Lotus" rant a rest. If you use the car for any kind of ordinary driving then a cupholder is a useful convenience - especially if driving for any extended period of time.

OP - have you looked at the cupholder that Sector 111 has? I have a couple of them. They are easily removal for track days. They do get in the way a bit in terms of entry and exit but we're used to that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts