The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!

Since I do not care for the look of driving lamps on my '05 Elise, they're up for sale.

The previous owner seemed to have some paintwork done to the front clam and the dingle d1ck painter didn't mask the brackets very well. With some TLC they can be restored to like new condition. The brackets also have some light oxidation, yet they are structurally sound.

The lenses have some teeny tiny rock dings but are in otherwise good condition.

$160 OBO w/free shipping. Getting these lights with the bulbs is quite the wallet gouger if you order them from Lotus after-sales!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Revise price by looking at

Eliseparts.com

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
Good point:

New, delivered to US, these are $210.00.

Countryboy, let me know what is your best price if you don't mind.

Thanks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah turds forgot about that site! New price is $160.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Gil: Does the price on the site you mention include the brackets? My car was an early model and doesnt have any brackets, but I think that they installed them or at least one part of them on cars around serial number 400.

These look similar but dont have the brackets and just have wires instead of the plug, but might be able to be used by someone who is just looking for a cheap way to replace a broken light since they appear to have the screws that mount into the side of the light.

Miniature Driving Lamps Round Pair - Car Builder Solutions - Kit Car Parts, Tools and Accessories

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
Yes, that number includes the brackets.

The link doesn't show the size, right?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yes, that number includes the brackets.

The link doesn't show the size, right?

Yes, it is in the bottom of the page on the link.
It says they are round and 70 mm and round.
Superb quality. ‘E’ Marked. IVA OK.
H3 55 Watt bulb and fly leads with spade terminals included.
Swivelling mounting bracket with stainless fixings. Weather-proof bulb housing.
Overall dimensions 70mm diameter x 60mm long x 80mm including bracket.

So the would be about 1/3 of an inch smaller in diameter. I have seen similar lights at stores in the US, but dont know if they they have the screw on the side to fit into a mounting bracket.

Lotus ones are 80mm and slightly oval according to the Lotus parts catalogue on DeRoures.

DeRoure Ltd - The most comprehensive Lotus parts site on the web. - Part Information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts