The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the stock plastic fuel hose that runs from the oem fuel rail to the quik-connect joint. What do I need? I know smaay's fuel rail uses an aftermarket quik-connect joint to join with the oem quik-connect joint, but what type of connection is made at the rail itself? What parts do I need or can I just buy a new oem fuel line without buying the whole rail.

-Robert

·
Vendor
6,309 Posts
You can buy the fuel disconnect tool at any local auto parts store for less than 10 bucks for the rail connection. The connection at the frame is released with your finger;)

There are some minimal instructions about this in my surge tank instructions on my website (in the downloads section)...

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I'd recommend a new OEM line. Be VERY careful with those aftermarket quick connect fittings. We had to test several to finally decide that all of the available female side fittings are incompatible with the Toyota lines. The shape of the Toyota pieces is slightly different and causes the aftermarket quick connects (designed for GM and Ford?) to not engage fully. You don't want them coming off on their own!

The special male fitting we use in our fuel rail and fuel rail / fpr kits are 100% compatible with the Toyota quick connects.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts