The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the process of painting my Rear clam tail section black and needed to order a new (Raised Plastic) Lotus Letters set. I first checked the tride and True Ebay. To my dismay and surprise one set sits on ebay and it is $86 and still has 10 hours left. I immediatley called Ira Benson at Rothrock Lotus to see what this part costs there. $35.00 Shipped. So if anyone on here is bidding you better call Ira (Rothrock Lotus Parts Manager) to order it. His contact info is below. :clap:

Ira Benson
Parts Manager
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
and they're $25.48 at lotus garage dot com.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
478 Posts
I dont think they are OEM parts? Please correct me if Iam wrong. Rothrock has OEM letters.

Thanks
Everything at Lotus Garage is OEM... they're factory parts.

Go to the site then follow this chain:

OEM Parts > Elise/Exige > Exterior Fittings > Decals, Badges & Protective Film > 07a Badge, L O T U S,'raised' letters
SKU: A124B0326F

Enjoy~

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything at Lotus Garage is OEM... they're factory parts.

Go to the site then follow this chain:

OEM Parts > Elise/Exige > Exterior Fittings > Decals, Badges & Protective Film > 07a Badge, L O T U S,'raised' letters
SKU: A124B0326F

Enjoy~

Thanks I stand corrected. I thought it was the other company who was selling Lotus Letters. Lotus Garage is awesome :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks I stand corrected. I thought it was the other company who was selling Lotus Letters. Lotus Garage is awesome :)
Yeah... seen those too... they looked like rough hand-filed aluminum letters...

I'd rather have the factory "chromed" plastic parts any day!

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
and one more point...

if you're going to buy OEM parts, at least buy from an ET sponsor. i don't think rothrock even posts here, much less provides any support funds.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
+1 for Lotus garage/Newport European. I just bought some parts from them as well including the same badge you speak of and was very satisfied. Everything is OEM in original packaging.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Yup. Weren't they $80 a year ago? At this rate, I should pull out some funds from my stock options and start investing in badges. Sheesh.

·
Cogito ergo zoom!
265 Posts
There is an alternative. I recently had a new rear clam installed. My independent Lotus shop called and recommended the Lotus badge on the rear transom. IMO, much more attractive. $92.65 at Lotus Garage.

From what I have been told, the shiny "L 0 T U S" lettering was applied only to Lotus cars shipped to North America. For the rest of the world, the cars were shipped with the badge.

This was a good marketing stategy. Unlike Europe, few Americans are aware of the Lotus brand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts