The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install an OEM S/C kit onto my 2006 exige and was wondering if the nose bracket on the M62 S/C are interchangeable? The reason I ask is because the OEM S/C nose bracket requires me to cut/machine the passenger motor mount and I noticed the new kits don't require this.

Has anyone used a VF or REV M62 nose bracket on their OEM S/C setup? I think with the VF, it still requires cutting off the "ear" of the bracket which I'm ok with doing but the newer kits like the REV do not.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Not at all.

No cross compatability across any of the kits as far as brackets go. Fortunately cutting off that little ear on the bracket won't hurt anything with any of those kits...

Phil

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil,

I dont mind cutting off the "ear" on that bracket, but do you know if I have to machine it down to get it to fit?

I read somewhere on here that the VF snout sits where the OEM S/C snout and so the VF bracket is interchangeable but I can't find that thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kind of on the same subject.... Phil, do you know off the top of your head (im doing a build with an greddy mp62) if the area at the very end of the drive (near the drive pulley) where the VF nose bracket " pinches" is the same diameter among the different mp62's?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts