The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
163 Posts
See post Too tall for lotus,4 months old.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lotus had redesigned the seat rails for the series 3 Exiges for a much taller person. They bolt right in. Why don't you just get one of those?

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
163 Posts
Lotus had redesigned the seat rails for the series 3 Exiges for a much taller person. They bolt right in. Why don't you just get one of those?
Do you have a picture

·
Registered
12 Posts
The chassis tubs are identical, therefore the seat attachment points are identical. I'm pretty sure the seats are the same also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had an S2 Exige and I test drove an S3 S 350 Exige. At 6'-2" I could not fit comfortably in an S2. I ask Bell & Colvill about the fit when I test drove the S3 and that I was surprized how much room there is inside. He told me what I just posted in post 4 above. Lotus must have recieved lots of complaints about the fit and must have done something about it. The seat rails are different P/N.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It sounds almost too good to be true, that there is a lower adjustable seat rail. You sat in an S3 Exige V6? Did the tub grow on that? The car is about 9" longer if I'm not mistaken, but I do not know what all changed. I am trying to find a part number for these new lower seat rails, and see two part numbers. Anyone know what the differences are?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The tub didn't grow 9", the rear subframe grew to accept the larger engine.

Edit: yes, I sat in both cars. I first assumed the roof was different. I was told the roof panels are interchangeable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
@arsenal I saw a thread on another forum about fixing the play with these long wavy metal pins that you grease and slide into the runners. I think they are in the diagram Krule links to above. Number 12 in the diagram.

I still don't see where these OEM lower runners are. I would definitely try to order them if they exist.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
135 Posts
See post Too tall for lotus,4 months old.
Sorry for my incompetence, but I searched this up, but I can't seem to find it? can you provide a direct link to this?

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
163 Posts
Sorry for my incompetence, but I searched this up, but I can't seem to find it? can you provide a direct link to this?
Don’t know how to do a link.Too tall for Lotus is under Exige section 4 months old

1 - 20 of 29 Posts