The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought and installed a lovely pair of Tillett seats. I can't decide if I should sell the tan leather OEM seats, or keep them because they are stock. If I ever decide to sell the car, would it be important to have the stock seats?

Thus far, I have all of the original parts, which have been replaced by upgrades.

Thanks for your input!

p.s. The Tillett seats are the cat's meow. My back doesn't kill me after 30 minutes of driving and you do actually 'sit in' the seats as opposed to sitting on them. They really hug you!

·
Registered
244 Posts
It might be handy to hold on to them. If you were to sell the car, you would get more money if you sold the Tillett's separately. You never get what you put in on a modified car. I would also worry if the car got totaled. Unless you have a backup pair readily available, are you gonna want your aftermarket seats to go down with the car?

That being said, I would sell them and get something else for the car!:coolnana:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
If you have the slightest idea of selling the car in the future I would keep them otherwise they take up space and collect dust. I would sell everything I have.....

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Do the tillets make it difficult to get in and out of the car or same as stock?

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bring up a good point about collecting dust. The stock exhaust for my Ducati has been in a box since 2001. I'm pretty sure I will never sell the bike though.

It's also a good point that I could use the funds from selling the seats to buy more cool stuff.

Tis also true that after market parts, more often than not, sell at a higher price when not included with the car.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's only slightly more difficult getting in and out. In all honesty, it's hardly a noticeable difference. However, when in the car, it's a world of difference. Even my wife commented on how much the seats hug you.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Keep the seats do a little fab work and make them into bucket seats for watching tv/playing video games.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The problem is that regardless of how perfect the seats are, you'll never get a decent price for them. The stock seats are about $1200 new from the dealer. You'd be lucky to get 500 a piece.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I got a pair of tillets 2 months ago and sold my OEM Exige seats for over 1k which helped offset the Tillet cost.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I'm leaning towards selling the seats. I think I would like to have some new trinkets more so than taking up room in the garage.

I kept the box from the Tillett's, which will make packaging them easier. I just need to take some photos and post them here.

Maybe I should sell the door panels being that they are a matching set??

I have a set of Pilotti's I will trade you for them.
Funny you mention that...I traded a pair even-up to get these seats:D

Keep the seats do a little fab work and make them into bucket seats for watching tv/playing video games.
Must be spoken from a guy without a wife. I know mine would kill me if the seats ended up anywhere within the house.:D

you'll never get a decent price for them
Every little bit helps;) I wouldn't expect to come close to retail, and the drivers seat will not have the rail.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I sold mine to a Miata owner....a lot of Miata guys like to put stock Elise seats in their car...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really? That's interesting! If no one wants them here, I'll have to go to a Miata forum and try my luck.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sad part I'm fabbing up the following. I'm making a coffee table out of a blown 4age motor, a dining table out of a 3sgte, a Crankshaft lamp and the old seats from my MR2 got turned into recliners.

Thankfully nothing has been replaced/damaged on the lotus to warrant it turning into furniture yet. Sometimes you do strange things when your not married.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I sold mine. It came down to a simple question:

"Would I like money now or later?"

I decided that if I needed stock seats later, I would buy them from someone :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I sold mine to a Miata owner....a lot of Miata guys like to put stock Elise seats in their car...
+1

I also sold my OEM seats to a Miata owner.

Mine were just taking up space and my daughter was using them as props for her dolls! :huh:

FWIW, they went for $700. Virtually brand new, black leather.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts