The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, has anyone bought this? If so, could you kindly share pictures of how it looks when installed on the car? Thank you kindly in advance.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like how much wider it is, I felt that was one of the shortcomings of the stock wing. Far too short compared to the body.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I like how much wider it is, I felt that was one of the shortcomings of the stock wing. Far too short compared to the body.
+1 :up: My only concern is if it is wider would it flop around more than stock because the stock one is quite flimsy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback - rb26dett & noobified. Having studied this more, the right way to getting a bigger rear adjustable spoiler will be one that moves away from the stock mounting points.

Aspen White FTW!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Julio and Jamey both have this wing on their cars, I haven't heard them complaining about it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sleeprfocus said:
Julio and Jamey both have this wing on their cars, I haven't heard them complaining about it.
Having spoken to the tuner at length, I'm convinced that this is a good product and will proceed to purchase one.

I've also seen a few pictures of Julio [Black Exige?] & Jamey [Custom Yellow Exige?] with this spoiler at one of the meets. Looks superb and just the way it should've been from factory. The OEM spoiler on the Exige is definitely a little "undersized".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone know if this wing at its flatest setting is flatter than standard or the same and so any adjustment would only increase angle of attack and hence downforce/drag?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I've also seen a few pictures of Julio [Black Exige?] & Jamey [Custom Yellow Exige?] with this spoiler at one of the meets. Looks superb and just the way it should've been from factory. The OEM spoiler on the Exige is definitely a little "undersized".
+1 :up:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
basstwo said:
Does anyone know if this wing at its flatest setting is flatter than standard or the same and so any adjustment would only increase angle of attack and hence downforce/drag?
At flat angle with no increased adjustment = OEM angle.
Increase adjustment = More downforce.

No idea on how much angle play is available, waiting for mine to be shipped out next week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At flat angle with no increased adjustment = OEM angle.
Increase adjustment = More downforce.

No idea on how much angle play is available, waiting for mine to be shipped out next week.
Thanks. Did you order it from Lea Components?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts