The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does Lotus use as OEM fluid in the transmission?? I switched to Mobil 1 75w-90. I think I want to go back to OEM. I want to try and see if this will help my 2 to 3 upshift grind.
Thanks, Adam.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will read up on it. I have read a bunch of what people are using, it is very difficult to decide what to switch to. Adam.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm using Redline MT90. After changing from the factory fluid, the shifting is much smoother.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will go with the MT 90 and see what happens. At least I have 9 months of warranty left in case it is something worse. Thanks, Adam.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Where are you guys buying Redline MT 90?

Based on what I've found thus far, shipping from an internet company is going to cost me as much as the oil itself.

EDIT: Summit Racing has good shipping prices. manual says 2.3 qts but I've read a few ppl saying 2qts. do I need to buy the 3rd Qt?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
+1 for the Redline MT90.

It was kind of hassle squeezing it up into the tranny though, I'm sure someone here has a better method than what I used.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm using Redline MT90. After changing from the factory fluid, the shifting is much smoother.
i put it in too,but id didnt help the shft grind from 2 to 3,but it is the best stuff out there

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine from Pegasus Auto Racing, just google them. I paid $10.99 per Qt. I went through them because they also had the brake fluid I wanted, so I ordered everthing together. My upshift grind seems a little better but it has only been a week since putting in the MT-90. mrcarcrazy you will need the 3 Qts, unfortunately you will have about .6 Qt left over.
Keith, whenever you want the brake bleeder kit let me know.

Adam

·
Registered
821 Posts
I got mine from Pegasus Auto Racing, just google them. I paid $10.99 per Qt. I went through them because they also had the brake fluid I wanted, so I ordered everthing together. My upshift grind seems a little better but it has only been a week since putting in the MT-90. mrcarcrazy you will need the 3 Qts, unfortunately you will have about .6 Qt left over.
Keith, whenever you want the brake bleeder kit let me know.

Adam
Thank you sir!:bow:

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
As far as getting it in you can purchase a gear lube pump at any boating store. It comes with a clear hose and adapter for the lower drive on a boat. I just took the adapter off and put the tube into the fill hole and pumped until fluid started to come out. Wait I know there will be a comment about that! Has worked on all my cars past and present. Very neat as well. +1 for the redline as well. Great stuff. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The gear lube pump I got at Walmart was specifically for boats. That particular one did not fit in the Redline qt bottle. I had to carefully cut the top of the bottle so the pump tube would reach the bottom of the qt bottle. But in the end it did the job.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Best combo is Redline MT90 and just a little bit of Redline Shock Proof. The shock proof helps the fluid stick to the gears just enough so they are always lubricated. Remember to flush your trans fluid least once a year your syncros with thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where are you guys buying Redline MT 90?

Based on what I've found thus far, shipping from an internet company is going to cost me as much as the oil itself.

EDIT: Summit Racing has good shipping prices. manual says 2.3 qts but I've read a few ppl saying 2qts. do I need to buy the 3rd Qt?
Wow the MT-90 made big difference, shift goes in a lot smoother. Thank you for everyone's feedback.
With the ramp, exactly 2qts went in (and dribbled out of plug hole), returning the 3rd bottle...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts