The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day gents-

Wondering what the options are for the transmission mount nowadays. Part #LOT-A120A0099J.

I'm finding the OEM one which I'm sure you guys are aware of how expensive it is and Innovative Mounts at a good price point. My concern is sacrificing ride quality going with the latter as my Elise is my daily.

Is there a happy medium somewhere in the depths of the internet that I am overlooking? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and shell out some $$$ for the OEM one? I find it hard to believe that there isn't something out there in the middle.

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
The trick is you just replace the rear mount, or the front mount or both with softest innovative mount. Leave the sides alone. I personally don't think that sacrifices any ride quality.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have front and back, I think 75A back and 65A front. It did increase vibration at idle a little bit, only really noticeable in the rear view mirror. Otherwise no problems, and shifting is improved while driving it hard. I did them both at once, but in hind sight you could probably try the rear first and see if you even want to mess with the front (or vice versa).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts