The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the Tampa ( Dimmit trading area) here is a shout out to hope you come through hurricane Charly Ok. If anybody needs a place to stay in the orlando area my cell phone is 321 276 2922 we are expecting at the worst 40-70 mile an hour winds

PAUL

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks. We are looking at 120 mph winds on Friday. I have my brother, a buddy and his wife, baby, and another child, along with three dogs staying at my house. I'm not even at a secured location due to the new shift in storm track.

It's going to be a rough Friday. :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's going to be horrible here and we can't get through to any of the hotels. It is manditory to evacuate for us. We are on the water and expecting a large surge. At least my cars are safe. :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
Eric, if you need a place to stay, Charles runs a Holiday Inn Express in Plant City. I could hook you up if you need.

BTW, you are coming to the next pool party. Check S2Ki for info. Don't let me down man! :)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I heard they are evacuating 400,000 people on the West Coast.

Back in 1998 or 99 a hurricane came up the east coast and everyone headed west, but all the hotel rooms were booked, so they got stuck staying in shelters. In the event that anyone gets stuck and needs a place to stay around Palm Beach Gardens (off of I-95 and the Turnpike by PGA Blvd) send me an e-mail.

And Dimmitt, if you are looking for a safe place to store your Elises, bring them over, I have a big garage !!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think if Dimmitt leaves any Elise outside in the hurricane, they will for sure flip over in the wind. :eek:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Wonder if they will float?

The flat alumimum bottom panel might cause it too.

Try to bring out the oars.

Its not raining here, but we are under a tornaodo watch until tommorrow morning. - Doomed!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wasn't here for the The No Name storm, but just missed it by a few weeks. It washed away the Indian Rocks Beach Pier and the wave went over the rental units that we stay at on the beach.

This will be worse. :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Been through wayyyy too many here

Best wishes to all of you. Be smart don't panic, don't become part of the fearful herd!

I'm on staff at the hospital that lost it's roof and got evacuated during Bonnie. Think of lots of critically ill folks in Nat. Guard Hummers with I.V.'s etc. Not a pleasent couple of weeks after that!

And that was nothing compared to what S. Fl. got with Andrew? We just have a lot more experience here.

Hang tough all, be smart, not skeered!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've never understood why people in Florida would mock Californians for living with earthquakes. At least we don't have an annual earthquake season.

Hope you guys all get through this smoothly.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sownman said:
I've never understood why people in Florida would mock Californians for living with earthquakes. At least we don't have an annual earthquake season.

Hope you guys all get through this smoothly.

Regards

Steve
I might agree with you if Earthquakes were the only natural disaster we get.

The next two images are from Terra-1 and Aqua-1. The first is before the fire, the second after ...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Sownman said:
The storms come with lots of warning. The earthquakes come with no warning. -eek-

Tornadoes are almost as bad of earthquakes.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
We've got the tornado problem where I am... it sucks.

Almost every time there's a storm coming (which is *very* often in the spring/summer), you can count on there being a tornado watch or warning here.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Some of my coworkers are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and freaking out. We are on the opposite coast, but some of them were here during Andrew and are afraid that we will get hit. I used to live on the beach in NJ in a house on the ocean that was my great gransparents and my grandparents told me it was destroyed in the 20's 40's and 60's by storms

I remember the one in the 60's. The bathtub was found outside in the sand and the front of the house got taken away by the ocean. And I think those were only category 2 or 3 storms

I just hope the people on the west coast will be safe..Its too late to evacuate..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts