The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photoshop Contest

EDIT (Dec. '05): This thread started as a mock idea for an Elise armor company. It later evolved into a contest in which ET's members could post ideas and graphics based on the Elise.

-------------------------

I've made a decision, based upon previous discussions about bumper safety issues.

I'm going to sell everything and start an aftermarket car company that will produce bumpers for smaller cars.

These removable bumpers will be specially designed to allow little cars (such as the Elise) to protect them against bigger vehicles (like the Dodge Ram in this photo I hijacked from EliseTalk).

The company will be called "Elise Armor"

What do you guys think? Anyone wanna join me? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elise Armor is now hiring concept designers... if you have ideas (like wheel spikes, spikes on the hood or trunk, full metal plate, whatever) feel free to submit your application (i.e. an image or an idea) in this thread.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Great idea! Can I invest?

Next would be a conversion kit to raise the car to the same height as the SUV.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Transio,

That is very cool. We should have a photoshop contest using the Elise. :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
transio said:
Ask and ye shall receive.

The "Monster Elise" will only be offered on Type 72 Tiger finish Elises, though :D
Great, give the Seloc guys more fuel for the fire - "Look at what the Septic Tanks* are up to now!"

Well, at least the wheels match the car...

*Septic tanks = Yanks

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Photoshop categories

1. Best Elise for Off Roading
2. Bling Bling
3. Got Rice?
4. NASCAR

:p

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
elise armor

Nice idea, but you know how people on this forum are about weight issues. How about this idea - giant bubble wrap for the front of the car - would act as an external air bag - I call it the "bubble bra" (patent pending)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Re: elise armor

ivan1 said:
Nice idea, but you know how people on this forum are about weight issues. How about this idea - giant bubble wrap for the front of the car - would act as an external air bag - I call it the "bubble bra" (patent pending)
Better make a model to cover the whole car if you are in SoCal. hehe..

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Go watch the chariot race in the movie "Ben Hur" to get an idea of wheel spikes that might be useful on the Elise's wheels.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
LOL!!! That was some funny stuff! I especially liked the "bubble-bra!"

My idea was to put one of those orange bicycle safety flags on mine! I'm not too proficient at PS, yet, so I'll let one of you gurus do it! Just give me credit for the idea! ;)

Mike

1 - 20 of 86 Posts