The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen April 4 next year as the official US launch date. Is there a significance or pun there? 4/4/04? Or is it done this way to keep it simple for those of us using backward dating notation? :)

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Where did you see the April 4th date?

To my knowledge LCU has not publically stated a date. As typical with most cars we can expect a press launch in April prior to the public launch. BTW April 4th is a Sunday... seems like a strange day to launch, would not a Weds, Thurs or Friday be better?

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
By "launch date" do you mean the day that cars start to roll into showrooms ? I've heard (for about a year now) that the "hard launch" (that is, the official premiere) of the car is at the LA Auto show, less than 2 weeks away now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I haven't heard of that date as the launch, it would only make sense if that was the day they decided to start shipping from England, give up to a month in transit and you have mid-late May for them to start showing up in showrooms. It sounds plausible...almost:p

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The official "production cars arrive in America" has been 04/04 per the Lotuscars website.

I have not heard 04/04/04.... and it would be strange for a manufacturer to nail down a specific day for the cars to arrive. I think. Perhaps the 04/04 date was perceived as April 04.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts