·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 - to be raffled, $20.00 a chance
#2 - to be auctioned, highest bidder
#3 - Bob Dz. :nanner:
#4 - maybe you, if you are quick enough

Spaces are limited and can be sold between parties.

All proceeds (that's 100%) from raffle and auction are to be donated to a charity in the Birmingham area.

GOOD LUCK.

So will Lotus have an Evora there for everyone to test drive? I believe I saw that LOG 29 will be in May, so maybe the Evora won't even be in production yet????, but there should be a test mule around right???

I have no affiliation with LOG 29, but anyone on that committee should take this idea and run with it, if there is enough interest.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
crickets... ...crickets... ...crickets...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No kidding....

I guess everyone forgot about the Evora already, which is reasonable since it won't hit the shores for another year and a 1/2.

Lotus will have to re-introduce the car at the beginning of 2010.

"EVORA...remember the car show back in July of 2008...the "new" Lotus 2+2 that's under-powered, over-priced with blah styling...please stop by your local dealership which is 130 miles away...please buy it"

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lotus test drives

Lotus brought an Exige S to the Dallas LOG and I asked the now replaced head of Lotus Cars USA if it would be possible to test drive it at the track day. It would have ben a very safe venue for this as the only thing to hit within a mile of that track was a stray sagebrush. He told me that I was welcome to drive it (at the time I was planning to place an order.) At the track, one of the "factory personnel" who shall remain nameless practically laughed in my face and said that they might be willing to give me a short ride in the passenger seat if they had the time. It p****d me off to the point that I left and dropped all plans to order a car. Fast forward to LOG 28. Bill Nuccio Jr. from Fox Valley shows up with their demo Exige S. He offers to let me drive it in the autocross(!!!) I did, and it's very nice. I may have to rethink installing a supercharger on the Elise. Thanks, Bill. That's the way you sell cars. Maybe someone at Lotus Cars USA should take notice....Dave

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Thats wierd, i drove the press S car back to the holding warehouse at one of the track days, its where i called abe from to order mine !

i'll be #4 then.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Hi there,

I'm one of the co-chairmen of LOG29, so perhaps I can answer some questions.

We plan on having an Evora at LOG. It will be one of LCU's press cars. We don't know if it will even be driven or simply left on display at the hotel/concourse. We have no idea about rides or test drives. Its up to LCU to decide that at some point.

The Evora is going on sale in Europe next spring and in the US in the fall of '09.

People will not "forget" about the Evora in the next 18 months because Lotus is going to make sure that it's on every car show on TV (Top Gear, etc.) and in every car magazine around the world.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
We have entered a bold new era with Lotus Cars USA (LCU). Arnie is back. He and a small crew of LCU folks were in attedance at LOG 28.

·
Banned
874 Posts
sorry for my ignorance, but what does LOG stand for?

Lotus _____ ______?

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,685 Posts
LOG is...

Lotus Owners' Gathering. The official, once-a-year event of Lotus, Ltd.
A great time, a lot of great people and cars, every year.
It was in Indianapolis this year - Birmingham, AL (at Barber Motorsports for the track portion) next May/June.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
The Evora is only one of many super cool things there will be to see and do at Log 29. If you would saw the video presentation Phil put together and showed at Log 28 you would know that we will have a 2+ minute autocross course. Laps at Talledega Super Speedway, a track day a Barber, tours of the Barber museum with 1100 motorcycles and the largest privately held Lotus car collection in the US- all in running condition, scenic mountain drives, etc etc etc. Many of us already have our Calendars marked.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,710 Posts
I'll put my dibs in for an Evora ride. Charge me $20 and donate the proceeds to charity.

I was talking to Roger Becker throughout the LOG (Evora "project manager", is that the correct title?) and he was VERY enthusiastic about the new car. He was planning on bringing his entire UK development team to Birmingham (even if he had to pay their airfare himself, he said) so that "the boys" could see how dedicated Lotus owners act.... (Better keep them out of the hotel bar, I say) :eek:

Did anybody notice that the new MSC (AKA Esprit) will be using the same "platform" as the EVORA? Looks as if it will be about the same dimensions with a longitudinal-mounted V8 or V10 where the rear "seats" will be in the Evora...

:coolnana:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
It was cool of Lotus to bring over posters of the Evora for us from the British motor show release, many of which got autographed. Who knows what they'll bring next year along with the car. Guess you better show up to find out. The videos on it were cool too, especially the crash tests. Also super cool to listen to the old F1 Mechanics and their stories of pranks on each other, Colin getting arrested at the races, lol. Colin's son Clive speaking, and the video of his wife at their estate and her stories about him. They were also giving rides in the 211 around the track and I know at least one person got to drive it with his fiance riding shotgun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Paying for a ride ? looks like we have come a long way from the day when Arnie tossed me the keys to the test mule elise with the words , let me know what you think....

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,710 Posts
Paying for a ride ? looks like we have come a long way from the day when Arnie tossed me the keys to the test mule elise with the words , let me know what you think....
As a LOGger since 1994, it has been my observation that participants are willing to cough up some dough for things like this "ride".

I remember riding with Alistair McQueen and Doc Bundy in different years for a fee, with the proceeds going to charity. Why not do it again in Birmingham????

:clap:

PS With the seating capacity of the Evora, a series of charity rides would be a real Profit Center! :crazyeyes

In fact they should produce a Tshirt that says "I Rode in the Back Seat of a Lotus Evora....AND LIVED!!". (At extra charge of course) :evil:

TVACC, are you listening?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts