The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
We can probably tell if it's an Elise or not by doing some math. Someone calculate the distance of the head lights from one another and the driving lights' distance from one another and see if it's proportionate to an Elise's dimensions.

I'd do it, but I failed math.

Assume the photo is a direct, head-on shot. It looks like it, or very close anyways.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There doesn't seem to be much sense in using a disguised Elise when the the Eagle is within weeks of its formal unveiling. I know selected non-Lotus people have seen the Eagle. July 22nd is press day unveiling. "Normal Lotus people" get to see it on the 24th.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
wow, they almost have an article of clothing I would actually buy. Almost. The white t-shirt is $40 though, before shipping. I don't quite $40 like it.

What are they thinking? Why are they so against branding and actually making any product available that people would buy? I'm assuming they do have a marketing manager. I'm also assuming he is over 60 years old, part time, and semi-retired.
Amazing when Robbie actually had some great designs they weren't willing to work with him, but never offered anything comparable either.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
wow, they almost have an article of clothing I would actually buy. Almost. The white t-shirt is $40 though, before shipping. I don't quite $40 like it.

What are they thinking? Why are they so against branding and actually making any product available that people would buy? I'm assuming they do have a marketing manager. I'm also assuming he is over 60 years old, part time, and semi-retired.
Amazing when Robbie actually had some great designs they weren't willing to work with him, but never offered anything comparable either.

Lately, Lotus has been improving on the quality of materials and designs of their product but unfortunately their website is not updated often enough to see new products but that's all changing now. :)

Regarding the T-Shirt, I actually love the look and feel of it but, I didn't pay the 40 bucks ;) for it...maybe the reason why I love it so much :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Any wealthy or financially "well-off" Lotus enthusiast out there willing to handle the cost for some of us financially strapped owners to attend (flights + perhaps a castle rental/catering?) the Lotus "diamond anniversary" i.e. 60 years on Sunday September 14th 2008 at their Hethel headquarters? :clap:
Come on... who's going to step up and charter this thing??? :D Let's get the wheels spinning now! :shift:
Maybe a couple of sponsors? :bow:

Who'd like to attend? :cool: How about at least 2 from every state? :) I'm willing to be one to represent AZ. :D Who's next? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll represent VA at the 60th if someone steps up to sponsor!

I still like the Lotus teddy bear and think it is a good prie. I had to order it. It will look good sitting in the Seven.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Come on... who's going to step up and charter this thing??? :D Let's get the wheels spinning now! :shift:
Maybe a couple of sponsors? :bow:

It would be an awesome trip if someone did Goodwood Revival also.
Sept 14th Sun Lotus
Mon-Thu Travel and Tour
Sept 19th Fri Goodwood Revival

But someone would have to put it together. Been there, done that (with most of it being Robert). Not my turn.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received my Lotus bear and model today. Less than three days from order to delivery! The bear is sweet. It has a more retro look that will go well with the Seven. The more modern Lotus bear goes with the M100.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
They need alot of web design help.

I like when you go to the webstore and click on Lotus Design - you get nothing. :shrug:

Then on some products, when you click on the picture to see a larger picture, you actually get one the same size or smaller. :huh:

The hat shown at the home page for Lotus Classic is not for sale any more and neither is the watch shown on Lotus Design. -poke-

C'mon Lotus, keep it current if you are going to post something like this on the web. :thwack:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts