Arial Atom: 1.19.5
Nissan GTR: 1.19.7
Ferrari Scuderia: 1.19.7

Impressive company indeed!
:shift:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Impressive specs... however, the car looks very bulky and heavy. Certainly performs much better than it looks! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Stigs lap starts 8 minutes into the video. Top Gear mentioned Lotus was involved in the development of some part of the GTR, though I don't know if thats true or not.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XKFNrik1PsE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XKFNrik1PsE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Holy Crap -

To me, at least - it just go a whole lot better looking :D

It's like they rewrote the laws of physics - what a car

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
whoa, anybody want to buy a kidney from me so i can get me one of those cars?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Speed appliance!

YouTube - 11x05 1/7

I'm shocked Jeremy didn't have anything but praise :) then again maybe he made fun of it in the GT-R versus the Bullet Train bit?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Stigs lap starts 8 minutes into the video. Top Gear mentioned Lotus was involved in the development of some part of the GTR, though I don't know if thats true or not.
yes that is true - there were articles like 2-3 years back about lotus developing the new skyline. not sure if it was engine managment, suspension, chassis, all the above? but i know they did do a fair bit of work - also the artist sketches from way back then were of a much better looking car :)

"looks like it was designed by stravinsky" hahhahaha - top gear is freaking hilarious! i love it :)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
he said they designed the "spine" so I am guessing chassis... I cant wait to see what happens when they design the whole thing(esprit) :drool::D:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
given such a heavy car - how long before the tires give out? Can it keep that type of speed up on a track? :shrug:

Impressive though! wow

·
Inactive
831 Posts
Lotus saved weight on the GTR by replacing all the wiring loom cips with black cable ties and using duct tape where possible, such as securing the radio antenna dipoles. Unfortunately the weight savings were lost when they specified that all bolts were to be 15mm over long ...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is it true that the on-board GPS knows the location of most major tracks in the US and a voice will warn you before you pull onto the track that you are about to void the warranty? I read this on CarDomain.com.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Here's some day to day usability impressions from Jeremy :D (during the "Bullet Train vs. GT-R episode)

YouTube - Top Gear 11 Episode 4 pt.4 (within first 4 minutes, both in the car and in the studio)

He doesn't mind the gadgets (suprisingly, he expects them from a Japanese car), but finds himself struggling to love the GT-R. (Boring for anything but track use?)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts