The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, time for ya all to quit yer bellyachin' about the new models.

All we've seen are a few snapshots and heard as bunch of speculation regarding the specs/purpose/market position of the cars.

Have a look at Lotus' official statements on them (and some bitchin' 'virtual' footage of the new models in action).

Lotus Cars - lotus elite

Lotus Cars - lotus esprit

:drool:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
vaporware...

wow, you are really impressed with this bull**** animation? Its not exactly hard to make a car look "bitchin'" with CGI. You do know Mach 5 in Speed Racer is not a real car, right?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Well I'm not a huge fan just yet, but I'm also not ready to abandon Lotus. I'm sure specs will change as they get closer to production.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Okay, time for ya all to quit yer bellyachin' about the new models.

All we've seen are a few snapshots and heard as bunch of speculation regarding the specs/purpose/market position of the cars.

Have a look at Lotus' official statements on them (and some bitchin' 'virtual' footage of the new models in action).

Lotus Cars - lotus elite

Lotus Cars - lotus esprit

:drool:
Agree and I'll be the first to admit that the Elite is my favorite model although I like'em all. :clap:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vaporware...

wow, you are really impressed with this bull**** animation? Its not exactly hard to make a car look "bitchin'" with CGI. You do know Mach 5 in Speed Racer is not a real car, right?
It does give the cars some context, allows you to see them with a better sense of scale and gives a better idea of the intended market position. The impression that I get is that the Esprit will run with an Italia 458 (or whatever Ferrari has on offer at the time of release), will probably be significantly lighter by virtue of the VVA platform and probably at least $75K less - what's not to love??

None of the snapshots from Paris did the Elite justice - I think it will severely cut into Aston Martin's marketshare.

The Elise and the Elan left me cold though.

I also think that Lotus shouldn't be dredging up old model names where there's no legitimate continuity.

In the meantime, I've got the number of a good anger management counselor if you're interested. -poke-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts