The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the due diligence,searched, rtfm(s) both lotus and cobra. Could not find anything that matches my symptoms as the other threads involved other issues such as aftermarket components...etc..

I'm getting the 20 second beep when arming the alarm, cluster led is solid red within that 20 secs. ,then switches to a normal pulse after beep goes off. Hitting small key fob button twice within that interval sets off the alarm.

Rear lamp behind seat is in down position and is oem, nothing aftermarket.

Checked trunk ,access panels,doors all look ok.

Possible faulty sensor?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The continuous buzzing is indicating an open or defective sensor, which is being bypassed, and then the alarm arms and the buzzing stops. Check all doors, trunk, front access covers, outside possibility is the Microwave. The doors can be checked easily by seeing if the interior light comes on when you open a door. The front panel switches are accessible for testing. The trunk switch is a little more difficult to get to. The Microwave can be checked by bypassing it, you do this by pressing the small button twice within 20 seconds after first pressing the large button to arm. You are setting off the "panic" alarm when you press the small button.
Michael
Did the due diligence,searched, rtfm(s) both lotus and cobra. Could not find anything that matches my symptoms as the other threads involved other issues such as aftermarket components...etc..

I'm getting the 20 second beep when arming the alarm, cluster led is solid red within that 20 secs. ,then switches to a normal pulse after beep goes off. Hitting small key fob button twice within that interval sets off the alarm.

Rear lamp behind seat is in down position and is oem, nothing aftermarket.

Checked trunk ,access panels,doors all look ok.

Possible faulty sensor?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The continuous buzzing is indicating an open or defective sensor, which is being bypassed, and then the alarm arms and the buzzing stops. Check all doors, trunk, front access covers, outside possibility is the Microwave. The doors can be checked easily by seeing if the interior light comes on when you open a door. The front panel switches are accessible for testing. The trunk switch is a little more difficult to get to. The Microwave can be checked by bypassing it, you do this by pressing the small button twice within 20 seconds after first pressing the large button to arm. You are setting off the "panic" alarm when you press the small button.
Michael
Cheers,

Doors-Check-interior light come on when doors are opened
Access Panels-Check-Secured them,they have not been opened in a while so I doubt they are culprits
Trunk Sensor-with earplugs and alarm armed I opened up the engine lid...and no sound,nothing. With lid opened I armed the system and pressed down on the sensor,still getting the 20 sec. beep.

In the electrical supplement, the only fuse I found was the R2? iirc in the engine bay area,but it said it was for the immobiliser system. I did not see any fuses specific to any sensors. Are you aware of any other fuses? Do you have any additional schematics as to how that sensor connects?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
If the alarm will not trigger when you open up the trunk then that seems like the problem. You can't seem to see the wires going into the sensor from the top, it may mean removing the engine bay side of the lock.
Cheers,
Doors-Check-interior light come on when doors are opened
Access Panels-Check-Secured them,they have not been opened in a while so I doubt they are culprits
Trunk Sensor-with earplugs and alarm armed I opened up the engine lid...and no sound,nothing. With lid opened I armed the system and pressed down on the sensor,still getting the 20 sec. beep.

In the electrical supplement, the only fuse I found was the R2? iirc in the engine bay area,but it said it was for the immobiliser system. I did not see any fuses specific to any sensors. Are you aware of any other fuses? Do you have any additional schematics as to how that sensor connects?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sensor wiring runs inside a conduit on the engine bay side, then thru a grommet to the storage area taped to the wall underneath the carpeting. I got as far as tracing it near the battery cover. Its getting late so I'll fiddle with it some more later in the week. If I can't find anything obvious, I'll just order the part (A120M0023F Boot Switch). I didn't see it in Lotusgarage's inventory so I'll look elsewhere.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
If you can access the wiring and disconnect, (you need an open circuit) then arm the alarm that would further prove it was the switch. From the wiring diagram, there does appear to be a plug-in connector in the wiring.
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts