The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exiting a parking lot to a street at a normal speed ... luckily have to get on your belly to see but now I know what those little round things are for... he took the most of it. After clean up, you’d never know, but kids, be careful out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's never a pleasant sound but at least most of the time it's something that will never be seen. It's all about angle of approach and speed (or lack thereof). My driveway has a pretty steep curb but I can get up it no problem, unlike my neighbors with their normal, non-low cars. :rolleyes: That being said, I just barely nicked my front lip backing out of my driveway because I let it roll down the curb a little too fast and the front suspension bounced just enough to make contact. Oh well, now we know.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Get these from Lowes or Home Depot:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Waxman-2-Pack-4-1-2-in-X-6-in-Brown-Felt-Pad/1000372599

Cut them to create a cushion underneath the front - you'll need 4-5 packs I'd guess. If you wanted to be OCD you could get some cardboard to make a template first then cut them out to match so it's a perfect pattern to match the curves underneather the bumper. I didn't bother - I just cut them as I went, starting at one side and going to the other. They are self adhesive, invisible, and stay in place. Mine have been on for years with no issues. Super inexpensive, easy to do and works great.

·
Orange
152 Posts
I even lost one of the aluminum bumpers, it was a big hit, but the rest of the undertray had only small scratches. Lucky me.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Oh that's nothing! I have @PLAY-DOH front lip installed to help protect from front bottom outs on my Evora. You want to see real damage...this happened to my Elise a couple months ago.

Attachments

Reactions: PLAY-DOH
1 - 7 of 7 Posts