The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my elise i want to take it to florida. Its about a 1500 mile roadtrip one way. Ill be bringing my girlfriend with me. What would you all recommend me to do before we leave? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Saw you are looking for a relatively underpriced one, so you might want to keep an open eye for rebuilt titles (if your bank/credit union will finance that if applicable). The most reputable rebuilder is Florida (Wirewheel), so a flight out there with a drive back could net you a much better car for ~27k than a clean title car from some rando. Either way, such a roadtrip would be pretty awesome - you have some great sideroads in Kentucky, SE ohio, Western NC, Eastern TN, etc. Just make sure you get to Deal's Gap (Tail of the Dragon), especially if you can time it such that it is in the middle of the week since weekends will be packed. And hop off the interstates to take advantage of all the mountain roads. Google is a great tool - use street view to make sure the road surface is not horrible or even gravel.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts