The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked. I made a valiant attempt to search, but with below average IQ, the results aren't always the best.

I have the Trackpack Ohlins on my exige. Does anyone know how much movement on the collars translates to ride height change?

I found one thread talking about the bilstiens, that if you rotate the color 1 revolution, it moves 1.7mm. Because of the angular geometry of the suspension, this translates to 3mm in ride height change.

Would I be able to assume that 1.7mm of coilover change would translate to 3mm in ride height regardless of the suspension? If I measure across the threads of the ohlins, then do the conversion math, that should work.

Low IQ, looking for confirmation.

Also, trying to have a method as opposed to just randomly changing and measuring over and over.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I always use a ruler when making adjustments and I make them the same from side to side. I have found that this keeps the corner balance within and acceptable range (I have scales to verify).

Anyway, a rough rule of thumb is that for 1mm of front spring change you get 1.3mm of ride height. 1mm of rear change you get 1.4mm of ride height... roughly.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always use a ruler when making adjustments and I make them the same from side to side. I have found that this keeps the corner balance within and acceptable range (I have scales to verify).

Anyway, a rough rule of thumb is that for 1mm of front spring change you get 1.3mm of ride height. 1mm of rear change you get 1.4mm of ride height... roughly.
Awesome! That is what I was looking for. Agreed, definitely keeping everything sysmetric when it comes to adjustment. Corner scales and alignment tools are the next thing on the list to get, but for now I'll just be winging it and taking it to an alignment shop.

·
He's on fire!
3,287 Posts
Maybe an odd question, but if you don't have corner scales and such and are taking to an alignment shop anyway, what are you trying to accomplish?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe an odd question, but if you don't have corner scales and such and are taking to an alignment shop anyway, what are you trying to accomplish?
Lowering it myself to the ride height I want. I need to take the car to a show like 1 mile down the road so, just need to get it close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts