The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Any idea on the price? I know any double adjustable is not going to be cheap. I suppose if the LSS dampers are too harsh for some on the street they could install these and still have the ability to dial in good track peformance when needed, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
z06fun said:
Any idea on the price? I know any double adjustable is not going to be cheap. I suppose if the LSS dampers are too harsh for some on the street they could install these and still have the ability to dial in good track peformance when needed, best of both worlds.
Exactly- now when the cars get here- if we can get two volunteers (guinea pigs) and have one install the Nitrons and one the Ohlins and give us reviews, that would be really nice.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
z06fun said:
Any idea on the price? I know any double adjustable is not going to be cheap.
Here in europe these are around EUR 500 each without tax. So about EUR 2000 ($2200?) for a set of 4 without tax.

These are adjustable for ride height using threaded outer shock housing and combined bump/rebound setting (single adjuster knob).

If these were real double adjustables (separate bump and rebound adjustment) then they'd be a lot more expensive..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I'm already working with Guy Ankeny to develop a custom set of Penske double-adjustable shocks for the Elise. We'll be offering a solution to replace the factory non-adjustable shocks intended for SCCA Solo2 Stock class competition as well as a developing a full package including springs and whatever else is necessary to extract every ounce of performance from the Elise.

Obvioulsy I can't provide exact pricing at the moment, but I expect the double adjustable Penskes to come in around $800 per shock.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That sounds great, Robert! Please keep us posted on how it comes along. While I won't rush into buying an upgraded suspension, I was hoping that somebody like Penske would develop a setup for the Elise. After figuring out that the coilovers for my current car need to be shipped to Japan for revalving, I'll favor a US product for the Elise. Nothing against Japanese and European manufacturers, they make wonderful products. But there are benefits if the people who engineer, build and maintain the product are just a phone call and a couple days shipping away.

Sorry about the slight off-topic. I have heard nothing but good things about Ohlin, so I'm glad to hear that they support the Elise. The more options, the better.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ConeFusion said:
That sounds great, Robert! Please keep us posted on how it comes along. While I won't rush into buying an upgraded suspension, I was hoping that somebody like Penske would develop a setup for the Elise. After figuring out that the coilovers for my current car need to be shipped to Japan for revalving, I'll favor a US product for the Elise. Nothing against Japanese and European manufacturers, they make wonderful products. But there are benefits if the people who engineer, build and maintain the product are just a phone call and a couple days shipping away.

Sorry about the slight off-topic. I have heard nothing but good things about Ohlin, so I'm glad to hear that they support the Elise. The more options, the better.
Just so you know Ohlin's USA is located in North Carolina,and they are also a phone call away. They also offer shock service in NC as well. Their stuff is top shelf all the way!!!!

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
302 Posts
Moton already offers a double and triple adjustable shock in their Motorsport line of coilovers. Retail pricing is $4990 for the doubles, and $5540 for the triples.

I have a set of triples on my Supra, and they take awhile for a first time user to figure out, but once you learn them they are fantastic. They have a wide range of adjustment, which makes for a nice street ride, unlike less expensive race shocks.

Even with shocks, you get what you pay for. I think these are the ultimate in quick tuning at the track.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Just so you know Ohlin's USA is located in North Carolina,and they are also a phone call away. They also offer shock service in NC as well.
Well, I hope it's true for them. That's exactly the same thing I heard when I bought my coilovers. Until I took them off the car, and was ready to pack them up. Then they finally told me that they can't rebuild the model I have in the US. :mad: Not even their official dealers knew that.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thats great news Robert, I too would would be interested in hearing how your effort with Penske turns out, and $800 each isn't that bad for a double adjustable.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Well, I hope it's true for them. That's exactly the same thing I heard when I bought my coilovers. Until I took them off the car, and was ready to pack them up. Then they finally told me that they can't rebuild the model I have in the US. :mad: Not even their official dealers knew that.
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Who did you buy your dampers from??

Mitch

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have Tein coilovers. They rebuild most models in the US, except their higher end units which use an inverted monotube design. Apparently those require special equipment that they only have in Japan. I don't regret buying them, they work great. And shipping them to Japan is not a huge problem if you plan in enough time to do that. I just don't like it when I'm given false information, and only find out about the facts at the last moment.

Anyway, it sounds like we will have a choice of premium products for the Elise, and that's before the car even arrived here! :cool:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ConeFusion said:
I have Tein coilovers. They rebuild most models in the US, except their higher end units which use an inverted monotube design. Apparently those require special equipment that they only have in Japan. I don't regret buying them, they work great. And shipping them to Japan is not a huge problem if you plan in enough time to do that. I just don't like it when I'm given false information, and only find out about the facts at the last moment.

Anyway, it sounds like we will have a choice of premium products for the Elise, and that's before the car even arrived here! :cool:
Oh Ok, I thought you had Ohlins. BTW Ohlins does have a full service shop in North Carolina after all thats where they do all their damper work and testing for ALMS, IRL,CART, and ofcourse NASCAR. Ohlins is a top shelf premium damper.

Again I am very sorry to hear you had trouble with the Tein's. I am not at all familiar with Tein's. I am guessing they are a Japanese company?? You would never have this problem with Ohlins.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use the following Link to Öhlins Germany. http://www.oehlins.de/pdf/Flyer.pdf sorry its only German.
http://www.oehlins.de and call for Mr. Günther

Öhlins Germany is the exclusive distributor for the Version Motosport & the new Roadsport for Lotus Elise.
The Roadsport is now availabile for EliseR.

The Price for the Roadsport is in German about 2.500,00 € incl. 16% Tax. The stiffer Roadsport Grand Prix Version with double Springpack (Helperspring for rebounce & additional mechanic gripp) is about 3.000,00 incl Tax.

thenewone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts