The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chasing some uprated springs to fit onto Ohlins dampers (they are a mongrel size!!). ideally about 800 lb/in or more rear and 550 lb/in or more for front. Anyone got anything??? thanks

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
chasing some uprated springs to fit onto Ohlins dampers (they are a mongrel size!!). ideally about 800 lb/in or more rear and 550 lb/in or more for front. Anyone got anything??? thanks
Provide some accurate specifications and I may be able to accomodate your need. I have some springs from a previous car (not a Lotus) just taking up space.

San

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Since you are not in the US, Ohlins also sells adapters that allow the use of 2 1/4" springs. They are proud of them though.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.

i have made 2 1/4 spacers already, but the OD of heavy rear 2 1/4 ID springs is such that they rub on the subframe at the top. i've beaten it to clear, but only just, and would rather find some smaller diameter springs and not have that hassle.

will consider 2 1/4 springs but if anyone has 46.5mm ID (mongrel Ohlins size) or 50mm ID like Bilsteins, then thats much better

ideally,
front. 6 to 6.5" long, 500 lb/in or greater up to about 650 lb/in

rear 6.5 to 7' long, 750 lb/in or greater up to about 900 lb/in

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
A while back, I had Hypercoil make me some custom springs. You could try contacting them and see if they still provide that service.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, but i can get that done nearer to home. was jsut hoping someone had some "left-overs" to save some $

1 - 7 of 7 Posts