The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohlins TTX36 Two-way adj dampers

Twin tube low pressure design with independent compression and rebound circuits for the fastest reacting (low hysteresis), best performing Lotus dampers available! Raced 1 season in Lotus Cup. Elise/Exige fitment.

TTX36 Piggyback fronts with adjustable compression and rebound. Hyperco 500lb main with Ohlins helper springs.
TTX36 Inline rears with adjustable compression and rebound. Hyperco 650lb springs.

$2300

[email protected]

744D9720-2821-4280-9680-8D99B09C3562.jpeg EC482FB0-FE89-4215-83EA-58C3DED04585.jpeg E9061D8B-3A5B-4061-BCF9-575D30724CE5.jpeg 57DDEB9C-2ED9-4BE5-A0A7-EF1AF4183F10.jpeg E0F4DA49-FB5F-4EFE-9C3F-6AD30D74A3B5.jpeg F64389E8-6B30-4E52-A670-EF3391DE253D.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
210 Posts
Where are these when I was pulling the trigger on my TTX a few weeks ago. Calling dibs. I’ll take them. Me first. ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I sent both an PM and email a few minutes prior to your post saying that I will take them.
I emailed him within 5 minutes of his initial posting. My forum post is around 30 minutes later than the email I sent to him, since he didn’t answer my email. But I will go with op decision on whom he decides to sell. After all, it’s his item to sell. Not willing to argue here, so I attached a picture of my email receipt time.

good luck

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
I'm sure the OP will honor the first to respond.

San

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm sure the OP will honor the first to respond.

San
Yes sir he did. I have picked up the golden parts and now trying to figure out the first order of action. Not sure I take them to bed with me or send them to the shop. Please close the thread as shocks are now sold. Picture attached.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
@Bsloan Please confirm this thread can be closed. Thanks.

San

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Such lust.. Please do a write up on your experience with them after they are installed. Please!
-Matt

·
Registered
210 Posts
Such lust.. Please do a write up on your experience with them after they are installed. Please!
-Matt
Matt,

I will let you know by May/June on the difference between LS two ways vs TTX vs ILX. Might not be scientific or a fair comparison since I haven’t serviced the first two sets yet, and my other suspension components will be fundamentally different along with the steering column. But I’m sure my butt dyno will trump all scientific dyno charts. ?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have these and really like them. Let us know your impressions! Not sure if you’re aware, but they require a modification to the front damper mount on a stock Lotus Elise or Exige. I cut mine to fit, but I think the mounts might be available from Lotus. It’s a clearance issue with the top of the front damper/spring retainer. I can post pics if helpful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have these and really like them. Let us know your impressions! Not sure if you’re aware, but they require a modification to the front damper mount on a stock Lotus Elise or Exige. I cut mine to fit, but I think the mounts might be available from Lotus. It’s a clearance issue with the top of the front damper/spring retainer. I can post pics if helpful.
I also got the mounts given to me by the OP. These should fit fine with the TTX. However, I might need to cut some area out if I want to mount the ILX in the front too. Please let us see your pictures, especially rears, as it will definitely be helpful when I try to mount the ILXs.

·
Registered
832 Posts
What‘s ILX?

Here’s a pic of how I trimmed the front mounts (stock beside it). In the rear, had to trim just a slight bit off the mount where it was touching the can as shown (tiny bit though).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sweet. You were able to mount both front and rear inverted with not that big of an issue. That’s very good news. I was dreading about the rears on clearance after seeing how close it was for another member even at the normal mount position instead of inverted.

The rear dampers you have are ILX, inline reservoir TTX. The fronts you have is regular TTX with piggyback reservoir. Inline reservoir shocks costs 1000$ or so more than regular TTX on two corners, so if you want Inline on all 4 corners, another 1000$ on top of whatever you paid for your set. Saves weight/space to fit tight corners at the same performance (at least that’s how I understood it in layman terms, pretty sure there’s more to that). And the ILX I ordered used the 2 inch springs instead of 2.25 standard on US based ones. Pretty sure they have different diameters in the reservoirs and different stroke length, but overall length is the same for fitment purposes.

A few ILX pictures below from MGR. It would be very exciting to compare these two head to head. British approach and American approach. I was very interested in mechatronics unit, but opted not to due to the need for service centers here to be equipped with electronic equipment for such units. Changing your settings on the fly on the track/race is a blessing of the next level. Picture for that too below from Dave at Seriously Lotus in UK. He has a build thread for his Elise on another forum. Good news is, we could always upgrade to it later. 2-4K depending on who you ask. ?

What‘s ILX?

Here’s a pic of how I trimmed the front mounts (stock beside it). In the rear, had to trim just a slight bit off the mount where it was touching the can as shown (tiny bit though).

View attachment 1260417 View attachment 1260418

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hadn’t seen the electronic setup before! That’s nuts! Easy to adjust by reaching around the wheel in front, and through the wheel in back, but can’t imagine being able to adjust on the fly!

The conversion I‘ve considered doing is 2-way to 3-way adjustable. I didn’t think much of it until I tried Shinoo’s setup with 3-way, and the way it absorbed curbing was impressive. Also hear it might help with high speed oscillations/floatiness? I haven’t had an issue on track but have noticed that on open road.

Hm, when I got the TTX from PSI in Sonoma they said the ILX wasn’t available for the front with such a short damper. Have you heard otherwise? That would help with clearance... I was just unable to fit a BOE AP Radi-cal caliper up front due to interference with the TTX reservoir.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hadn’t seen the electronic setup before! That’s nuts! Easy to adjust by reaching around the wheel in front, and through the wheel in back, but can’t imagine being able to adjust on the fly!

The conversion I‘ve considered doing is 2-way to 3-way adjustable. I didn’t think much of it until I tried Shinoo’s setup with 3-way, and the way it absorbed curbing was impressive. Also hear it might help with high speed oscillations/floatiness? I haven’t had an issue on track but have noticed that on open road.

Hm, when I got the TTX from PSI in Sonoma they said the ILX wasn’t available for the front with such a short damper. Have you heard otherwise? That would help with clearance... I was just unable to fit a BOE AP Radi-cal caliper up front due to interference with the TTX reservoir.
One thing I have seen on bikes with SCU from Ohlins is, the SCU can change the settings on the fly automatically based on response/map of the track. I’m not sure that’s the case with the cars and I forgot to ask Russ about it. Might be worth asking him about it if you got in touch with him.

I got the 4 way adjustable ILX, front and rear, on order. Contact [email protected] for front ILXs. I’m sure he can get you just the fronts. He’s working on my order right now, so you can just piggyback from my build order. He can do the conversion for you to even 4 ways, you would be surprised with the pricing (in a very positive way if you know the pricing in US), so make sure you ask. Be sure to let him know that your car is federal/US and the same as Shein’s car, so you don’t end up with a bunch of U.K. spec dampers that you can’t fit.

Plus I was going blindly with my own measurements in us spec dampers, so you can chime in and verify the lengths of the front and rear to make sure what they have is right. They are waiting for response from Lotus on US spec, but I got impatient and made my own measurements from TTXs and my own LS Ohlins and went ahead with the build, YOLO style lol.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Also, I forgot to tell you that you can just unscrew the top portion of the damper where the mount is screwed into the reservoir, without worrying about gas leaks/settings or revalve, you might be able to clear your fronts just fine if you position your piggyback reservoir to the rear or front. Russ told me that yesterday. Haven’t tried it personally, so, you can be the test pilot on that one and tell us. ?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Matt,

I will let you know by May/June on the difference between LS two ways vs TTX vs ILX. Might not be scientific or a fair comparison since I haven’t serviced the first two sets yet, and my other suspension components will be fundamentally different along with the steering column. But I’m sure my butt dyno will trump all scientific dyno charts. ?
Awesome. The butt dyno is the best dyno. Looks like the rears would fit better non-inverted. Also, I run 10.5" rims front and rear so I'd worry about clearance there. I had to flip my 2 ways so that the banjo fitting was on the inside face of the chassis (required mild grinding of the mounts).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts