The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saikou Michi vs BOE catch can pro's/con's?

Seems like the BOE is vented and may be easier to drain.

Not sure what the difference in operation between one that has a filter to the atmosphere and one that does not (Saikou).

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I kind of like the Radium style catch can, although it looks very similar to the generic Mishimoto catch cans.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
+1

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
I've seen all of them-- I think... I did the vent to air style because the others still allow oil into the intake on track cars from what I've seen.

To be fair, all I did was take what race cars use (vent to air catch cans) and create a bracket and kit for it... It's one of those, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it deals"... The closed loop PCV style cans are probably OK for limited track use, but I don't see them as a good fit for higher HP or heavy track use...

-Phil

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the boe can and the install was easy. I would recommend not draining it back into the block like I did. I drained my S2000 recently and tons of fuel smelling water came out. I would anticipate my lotus will accumulate the same stuff and would rather not drop it into the engine if I did it all again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts