The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased the one cooler lines from s111 and have installed them with no problems. dont know what the big deal is about pulling them through or anything. its a fairly simple install. I'v ran into one problem tho. the fittings that attach to the sandwich plate leak oil around the fitting between the nut and the new end,likes its not tight enough but I have tightend them to the suggested amount... what i was wondering was has anyone else had this happen? what do i do to fix it? im afraid if i tighten them anymore it"ll ruin the fittings.. both of them attached to the sandwich plate are leaking

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i recently purchased the one cooler lines from s111 and have installed them with no problems. dont know what the big deal is about pulling them through or anything. its a fairly simple install. I'v ran into one problem tho. the fittings that attach to the sandwich plate leak oil around the fitting between the nut and the new end,likes its not tight enough but I have tightend them to the suggested amount... what i was wondering was has anyone else had this happen? what do i do to fix it? im afraid if i tighten them anymore it"ll ruin the fittings.. both of them attached to the sandwich plate are leaking
maybe disconnect the fittings & wrap the threads with some teflon tape or high temp sealant. that should help seal up the threading contacts between the fittings/plate...

the s111 kit comes with BSP fittings right? honestly if everything is tight, they should be leaking... just dont over tighten those fittings if you think its torqued enough already

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the clamps are not leaking its around the fitting between the nut and the new end,like the fittings arnt sealing off completely,I"v loosend them and held them straight and retightend them but it still leaks a drop or two while at idle for about 5 minutes

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i should have put the title as s111 onecooler lines fittings leaking so everyone wouldnt just over look the worn out topic of the stock oil lines. i will try teflon tape just to make sure the fittings threds are not leaking but they arent now,just between the fitting and the nut that securse it

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed it. Took off the fittings that screw into the sandwich plate and looked at them under good light, ended up they both had little bured like spots on them, so I took some 400 grit sandpaper and evenly sanded theinside of the fittings where the male end seals to the female end, reinstalled fitting tightened the s** t out of them while holding the ones in the sandwich plate and no more leaks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
File a complaint with the NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFTEY ADMINISTRATION . The seal at the fitting is defective , I have the same problem . I filed a complaint with NHTSA , leaking oil into the pan under the engine is a fire danger . LOTUS is under a recall for oil line related safety and fire problems , this is the same related problem that should be included in the recall .17 complaint were the basis for the original recall ,complaint numbers count .

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
File a complaint with the NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFTEY ADMINISTRATION .
:wallbang: Did you not notice that he's talking about AFTER MARKET oil lines???? :rolleyes:

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Glad I found this thread!! I had the EXACT same thing happen. I was very careful aligning and torquing the fittings and they both seeped a little. I applied a little more torque and cracked one fitting. Sector 111 was great and sent a replacement fitting right out, but I still had the same problem. I removed the fittings going into the sandwich plate, polished them with some 450 and 600 grit sandpaper and also the steel fittings on the oil lines. That fixed it. It was a pain, but worked out.

Thanks for posting ciserosykes!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Glad I found this thread!! I had the EXACT same thing happen. I was very careful aligning and torquing the fittings and they both seeped a little. I applied a little more torque and cracked one fitting. Sector 111 was great and sent a replacement fitting right out, but I still had the same problem. I removed the fittings going into the sandwich plate, polished them with some 450 and 600 grit sandpaper and also the steel fittings on the oil lines. That fixed it. It was a pain, but worked out.

Guys,

Sorry for the trouble. Thx for bringing this to our attention. We inspected our inventory and discovered that some fittings had a slightly rough finish (anodization). We are going to rework all the fittings that we have in stock. We'll use some Scotchbrite to smooth them out. This will be done today.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No problem! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts