The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting front clam removal to install my new alloy radiator from Sector 111 and while pulling off the driver side liner, looked at the cooler and wondered why I could not remove this and use it in the rear of the car. Is there any reason?

Background: A year and a half ago, I smelled a bit of oil on a hot summer day and upon inspection, saw a tiny bit of weeping of oil at the upper cooler fitting. I immediately stopped driving the car and bought the adapter and did the full cooler delete. Being a street car, this has been fine thus far, as far as I know.

This is a street car. I *may* track it for HPDEs in the future but have not decided whether to do that or not. I already have an all metal 180 degree thermostat.

Since the clam will be off, I expect cooler removal will be relatively easy. I can then buy new fittings and hose and run this in the rear as the BOE solution has using the setrab cooler.

I'm just wondering if there is some reason that I don't know about why I shouldn't use the stock cooler.

On another note, are there easy places to install oil temp and oil pressure gauge sensors?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If you can fit it somewhere I think it will be fine. The bsp fittings blow though the only mating fittings are push on. I'd get something with normal an connections and use adapters at the sand which plates. Then you can use socketed lines

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pegasus also has a good selection of BSP fittings, as well as adapters for BSP to AN. The Setrab coolers are well made and very efficient, so the stocker may not be as effective, taken out of the good airflow up front.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
As I said they are all push on type fittings. I searched high and low for socketed.......to the point where I considered having some manufactured for me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts