The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the BWR SC in for a couple of weeks now and noticed oil drips on the undertray. I've never had an oil issues with the engine before.

I've traced the origin to the upper part of the engine, around the Oil Control Valve area, which mounts into the head. Not a big leak, just slow accumulation. No codes, no CELs, car runs fine. All the bolts, nuts, etc. are tight.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Wayne, this is a shot in the dark but did you also check the dipstick tube to see if it was seated in correctly, might be a possibility that it moved?

I've had the BWR SC in for a couple of weeks now and noticed oil drips on the undertray. I've never had an oil issues with the engine before.

I've traced the origin to the upper part of the engine, around the Oil Control Valve area, which mounts into the head. Not a big leak, just slow accumulation. No codes, no CELs, car runs fine. All the bolts, nuts, etc. are tight.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ****,
Yeah, I re-checked that too. I put a new O-ring on it and it's tight, so no leak.

I did find that the bolt on the Oil Control Valve was a little loose. Tightened that up and so far no more oil!! :clap:

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I guess you're just waiting on the ECU to get rolling?

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
AThats great glad you got that figured out. Yep just need to send of the ECU and pick-up a new air filter and spark plugs.

Fingers crossed.

Hi ****,
Yeah, I re-checked that too. I put a new O-ring on it and it's tight, so no leak.

I did find that the bolt on the Oil Control Valve was a little loose. Tightened that up and so far no more oil!! :clap:

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I guess you're just waiting on the ECU to get rolling?

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Which tune are you going with ****?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Greg I'm going to go ahead with the PES tune since it's cheaper - I'm not sure if either is better than the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts