The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the Esprit and noticed my nice pant leg and shoe was covered in oil. looked under and its flooding out at the connection on the oil pressure guage and running down the hose into everything under the dash.

Where can I get a replacement hose and connections? Is there a specific part number for this?

Thank you for your input,
Jason

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Jason,
Your car is '86 / '87 ? They used plastic lines for the Oil pressure to the gauge and it may have a crack in the line or the fitting conector fastener to the back of the gauge isn't tight enough.

On the down side if it's from the bin [ sounds like so] it would have to be pulled. If you need more information on pulling the bin let me know.

Been there.

Robert

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,
Your car is '86 / '87 ? They used plastic lines for the Oil pressure to the gauge and it may have a crack in the line or the fitting conector fastener to the back of the gauge isn't tight enough.

On the down side if it's from the bin [ sounds like so] it would have to be pulled. If you need more information on pulling the bin let me know.

Been there.

Robert
Im sorry I meant to put the year, its a 1985. Its cracked at the hose where the fitting attaches to the gauge. Ive pulled the whole line out today and its brittle as can be.

Thanks !

Also thanks Travis for your input as well,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts