The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my oil line failed at the drivers front tire after work Friday 9/21/12. I called my lotus dealer and he said they never received any recall notice on that particular problem. I assumed I had this problem fixed on a previous visit.
Any advice on how to best do this job myself? I am thinking on following the advice from this link here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just an FYI. I am almost positive it didn't harm my engine at all. I parked it less than 500ft after it happened. It had been sitting all day and I had just started it. I was crawling up to a light when it happened. It also seems that most of the leaked oil happened after I parked it. I was lucky.

·
Such Administrating
6,856 Posts
I was worried about the oil line failure, so the week I bought my car I ordered all the stuff from the BOE diy. Well, after reading for hours on this site about the oil coolers, I think I have decided to delete one of the coolers, and move one in one of the side scoops. This gets rid of tons of oil hose and a cooler which=a good bit of weight, and a lot less failure points. This is pending my oil temp investigation and if oil temps are actually too low on these cars. Taken from my other thread:

Im first going to install oil pressure and temp gauges, get some readings with the stock coolers up front, then disconnect the coolers and delete the sandwich plate and take more readings with no coolers at all. Then i'm going to decide from there what I'm going to do, possibly keep one cooler and relocate it to the rear. We shall see soon. Should have the gauges in the next 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Sorry dude that sucks! If your doing it yourself the RLS lines are what I used but sector 111 and BOE sell fixes that will never fail again! The dealer must cover the repair via the oil line recall. But I was not confident in the stock replacement. Tommy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts