1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
RTFA mang (no)

·
Registered
153 Posts
This may be their for-everyone fix as of now, but for cars coming in on a case-by-case basis since last year they have been replacing leaking/blown lines with new, 2012 manufacture lines with known-good crimps. I had this done to my car by a dealer, free-of-charge all the way back in February. So it is not like they haven't been fixing cars. They have just been doing it on a case-by-case basis for cars showing signs of pending failure (mine had leaking around two fittings).

·
Such Administrating
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this official? As in - can I call my dealer tomorrow and it'll show up in their system?
The link has all the info. But I don't believe the dealers will be ready with parts and all until January.

·
Registered
577 Posts
So glad I got sick of waiting and just finished installing my ONEcoolerLINES from Sector 111....oh wait, not really.

I'll focus on the bright side, I've got a lighter proven solution now.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hmm. Does not open for me on three completely-different systems.
Same here. Looks like millions of Lotus owners are downloading this at the same time. Hour glass is spinning like crazy but nothing. :huh:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
hope they are giving those guys credit and/or a piece of the action....
in all fairness to BOE, this DIY fix was being done by many forum members prior... with that said, there fix is a proper one IMO

but irregardless im happy to see something is finally taking shape & with the right parts this time around

hopefully many elige owners catch word of this & get it taken care of ASAP rather than waiting

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Perfect timing, I was days away from tackling this myself and not really looking forward to it .... much better letting the fine techs at Lotus of Austin work their magic on this.

·
Such Administrating
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perfect timing, I was days away from tackling this myself and not really looking forward to it .... much better letting the fine techs at Lotus of Austin work their magic on this.
me too.

So I guess I wasted $130 on fittings and oetiker clamps :mad:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Does this recall only apply to stock vehicles with no engine mods?

·
Such Administrating
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It will apply to all of them, they can't refuse them because of mods.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I asked Dave Simpkin (SP?) (Lotus regional service manager) about modded cars and this recall a few months back, he said as long as the oiling system was stock then it would be covered.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
is Lotus still sending out special techs to the dealers for this? i barely made the cut.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts