The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where you guys all got your oil line recalls done? I want to have them install a new aluminum radiator as well and relocating the fans to the top. Any good and bad experiences? THanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Nessal would you mind to share if you get any feedback offline? I am on the same page and am wondering if the Los Gatos Luxury Cars or Boardwalk Lotus does a better job.

Please advise, TIA!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fans on top -why?

I was wondering where you guys all got your oil line recalls done? I want to have them install a new aluminum radiator as well and relocating the fans to the top. Any good and bad experiences? THanks!
I took my car back to the dealer who sold it to me new (Boardwalk in Redwood City). They fixed the oil line issue and had to replace both oil coolers in the process. Since it was a factory recall, there was no charge to me. I have no complains other than that it took over 2 days to get the repair job done. I never had them perform any additional after market work, though. So no rating on that. Question: Why do you want to relocate the fans on top? Do you have A/C on your car? Just trying to understand your reasoning for fans on top.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Got mine done at Symbolic Motors in La Jolla, CA although i don't believe they service Lotus's anymore. I now get all work done at San Diego European, Aston Martin/Lotus/Jaguar of San Diego.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was going to have my recall work done at Boardwalk, but when I called and asked for my alarm pin, they said they'd need the car and an hour of labor. Since I had read on LT that they just needed the VIN and proof of ownership, that turned me off. I ended up deriving the pin using the method posted on LT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts