The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acquired a 2007 exige s recently with 16k miles. Unfortunately I missed the recall issue - it has not been done yet. I’m scheduled to have it done next week in Atlanta. It is ~175 miles trip. Is it too risky to drive? I’m considering a rental back home and a rental back to Atlanta in a few days. Transport is $800 round trip. Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Can you stay over if something goes wrong?

If nothing is leaking now, you might be safe. But, you can always give the fittings a yank to determine if they were about to leave.

Note there is a Service Bulletin about drilling holes in under tray to let water out, but I cannot find the document. Maybe someone else can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I plan to leave it. They said it would take 2 days. Trying to figure out if it’s okay to drive. It is not leaking that I can see. I don’t want to roll the dice and pop the engine. I can transport but hate to spend $800.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
It already went 16,000 miles without popping the engine. Its possible it will go in the next 200 miles, but i'd think you'd have to be pretty unlucky in that scenario

Reactions: mrcarcrazy

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
really, if the crimps are bad and the hose is about to run free, pulling on the hoses will tell you. Cheap insurance, I'd guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts