The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have been on touch with Lotus on the oil line recall since my car needed it to get done.

I guess the recall right now is just to replaced a few fittings. They are finding that it's not a fix. I guess they are working on a recall that will replaced ALL the lines.

Anyone have more info on this, when that might happen? I am a bit worried that if I keep waiting I might loose a line, but at the same time, I'd rather not shell out ~$150 to put in my own lines (made at a hydraulic shop) (plus all the time to install)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmm - in touch with Lotus USA HQ or through a dealer? I don't think anyone here has been told any more than "we're still working on it" at this point.

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
Have been on touch with Lotus on the oil line recall since my car needed it to get done.

I guess the recall right now is just to replaced a few fittings. They are finding that it's not a fix. I guess they are working on a recall that will replaced ALL the lines.

Anyone have more info on this, when that might happen? I am a bit worried that if I keep waiting I might loose a line, but at the same time, I'd rather not shell out ~$150 to put in my own lines (made at a hydraulic shop) (plus all the time to install)
why is this a new thread? Don't we have > a few on this already?

I guess your guess may be wrong. The hoses are fine, the fittings are the issue.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's coming from Lotus HQ. They are saying that it's not just the fittings but rather all the lines. The new recall in the works will replace all the lines, but they were not able to give me an idea on when that was happening. Figured maybe someone in the know on here would have more info.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
907 Posts
It's kinda 50:50%

I saw lines burst by the fitting. Also I saw the lines pop out of the fitting.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
What's so hard that you have to be so rude about it? If it bothers you that much, it's not hard to walk away from your computer.
I'm afraid yellow is correct.

Given the multiple threads on this, you should've posted on one of those.

When people are following the oil line story, they may not find this thread.

Overview: many of us have been here for years. Do you imagine that we (who often try to help the others) really want to see the same issue/question brought up endlessly?

If I asked you the same question every week, week upon week, would you not get frustrated and, perhaps, annoyed?

No one is being overly rude, but put yourself in our position.

OK?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's fine, I'll find another place to hang out where there aren't a bunch of smug asses. Good day.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I thought you had this sorted out on another thread that you started where the parts are being sent to you by a lotus dealer.
Anyway, If you check in the maintenance section, there is a thread titled the same as yours.

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
That's fine, I'll find another place to hang out where there aren't a bunch of smug asses. Good day.
Hmmm,

Our hearts are truly broken.

what is wrong with you? Your skin is thinner than Joan Rivers'.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i'm starting a " get your own darn lines fixed so we don't have to read this stuff anymore" thread... oh wat a minute... we have one of those too. So hard to be original.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts