The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have oil leaking from the edges of the oil pan. So if it needs to be resealed, I'm thinking I may as well upgrade the pan.

I think I'll stay away from Moroso after hearing so many bad experiences.

I've heard of a Bemani pan in existence? Anyone have it? Where can it be purchased?

In general, I'm looking for a baffled non-aluminum pan that works on an '07 Exige S.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there more than one version of the moroso? i think forcedfed has a version.

anyhow, the previous owner of my car reported that he had a heck of a time getting his to seal right...and he had professional help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I may have oil leaking from the edges of the oil pan. So if it needs to be resealed, I'm thinking I may as well upgrade the pan.

I've heard of a Bemani pan in existence? Anyone have it? Where can it be purchased?

In general, I'm looking for a baffled non-aluminum pan that works on an '07 Exige S.
what bad experiences have you heard about with the Moroso pan?

Terry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bemani Oil-Pan

I have a BEMANI pan installed. It has about 10'000 miles on it -mostly track.
Jack has one installed on his CUP car and will install one on his 2-11 he just got. P.M me if you are interested - i have a few in stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
300hpMR2 said:
I'll stay away from Moroso after hearing so many bad experiences.
Either Moroso versions work and have no difference in performance for the Exige S. Also, I'll like to see more substantiating proof of where you get this opinion from.

Just because one does not seal properly and needs professional help, that doesn't mean that all Moroso oil pans are substandard. Dismissing a manufacturing and product so quickly is often wrong, unfair and straight up BS.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
is there more than one version of the moroso? i think forcedfed has a version.

anyhow, the previous owner of my car reported that he had a heck of a time getting his to seal right...and he had professional help.
Sounds like the PO has a habit of overtightening the pan bolts...or a bad mating surface.

He switched to a Moroso pan and had a hard time getting it to seal, then switched it back to the stock pan and it is also leaking?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got the Moroso pan installed by my local race-prep. shop with no problems. (i.e. leaks)

I did some pretty extensive searching of posts before going this direction, so what "problems" are youi talking about?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the PO had all/most of his service done by a mechanic who also maintains race cars. i believe he tried several times to get the moroso to seal right but it'd continue to leak. I think the local dealer also tried and couldn't get it to seal either.

The tech at my local dealer also said to stay away from moroso b/c he had seem leaking issues. he recommended "others he'd seen that look more like the stock pan" over the moroso. so he didn't say stick with the stock pan which what i was expecting.

I'm trying to find out how much the bemani costs.

At least it is good to hear that there are several successful moroso stories.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a BEMANI pan installed. It has about 10'000 miles on it -mostly track.
Jack has one installed on his CUP car and will install one on his 2-11 he just got. P.M me if you are interested - i have a few in stock.
PM sent.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Either Moroso versions work and have no difference in performance for the Exige S. Also, I'll like to see more substantiating proof of where you get this opinion from.

Just because one does not seal properly and needs professional help, that doesn't mean that all Moroso oil pans are substandard. Dismissing a manufacturing and product so quickly is often wrong, unfair and straight up BS.
I am too lazy to do the detailed searching but I share the OP's concern with the Moroso pans based on early accounts of poor mating surfaces. I believe there were even photos showing this problem. It seems that the fix was a new Moroso pan, so I agree with you that not *all* Moroso pans are/were substandard. It just seems like enough of a crapshoot that I am weary of the product, maybe unfairly. :shrug:proper install and sealing of course plays a role....

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have the Moroso pan with an Ishihara-Johnson crank scraper. The crank scraper was a bitch to fit (do it BEFORE you put the pan in place). No sealing problems (use the pan sealant that Honda sells). The drain plug threads were not cut very well. I lapped them in at the bench and have had no problem. My welds are fine. I had a problem with drops of oil forming on a couple of the studs (with nuts in place), but removed the studs and sealed in place by reinstalling them with RTV. This did not require removing the pan.

I would also recommend installing the Canton 6" filter with the pan. Makes the filter easier to get to, filters better, and looks cool anodized in blue.

Jerry

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My stock pan and the PO's moroso were sealed with Porsche sealant, if that matters.

how many different moroso's are there? I see one sold by ForcedFed on their site and one by MWR on their site. If their pics are of their actual products, they look different.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I do recall getting a comment from the PO's tech that the welds were poor quality. Also the drain plug hole seemed rather delicate. The PO stripped it by hand tightening.
Just reminded me my bung did strip as well. The welds are all great and the mating surface is perfect(its been on a and off a few times on my motor with no leaks. The bung did strip though and that was just drilled out with a much more substantial bung welded in place.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just reminded me my bung did strip as well. The welds are all great and the mating surface is perfect(its been on a and off a few times on my motor with no leaks. The bung did strip though and that was just drilled out with a much more substantial bung welded in place.
Where did you get your moroso from?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm still waiting for a reply from garnherr. maybe he took an extra long labor day weekend?

anyhow, can anyone tell me how much the bemani pan goes for?

also, can some of you pro moroso owners tell me where you got yours from?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I got my Moroso from Forcedfed and have no leaks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts