The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, oil pressure light is on when I turn on the car. The light turns off once I start the engine.

Reading the manual, it says oil should be added even if the light doesn't stay on when the engine starts (or needs an oil change I guess), but when I check the oil with the dip stick it shows full and the oil looks clean.
Something to be concerned about or is this normal?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Quick question, oil pressure light is on when I turn on the car. The light turns off once I start the engine.

Reading the manual, it says oil should be added even if the light doesn't stay on when the engine starts (or needs an oil change I guess), but when I check the oil with the dip stick it shows full and the oil looks clean.
Something to be concerned about or is this normal?
Thanks
All cars will do that because the oil pressure is 0 until the engine spins and pressurizes it (unless you have a check valve or electric pump that can pressurize prior to cranking).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All cars will do that because the oil pressure is 0 until the engine spins and pressurizes it (unless you have a check valve or electric pump that can pressurize prior to cranking).
That's what I figured but I thought I'd ask to make sure since the manual was unclear about it, because other than that, the oil looks and seems to read perfect on the stick.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
756 Posts
My anecdotal experience is that these cars just don't use oil between changes. Take that Porsche!
The 2GR-FE V6 in the Evora is a very mature design - first appeared in 2003 in Avalons. They're everywhere in a lot of applications from factory race cars (Super GT Corolla) to minivans, and are descended from the 1GR engine in trucks. I would estimate the total production run of 2GR-FEs at over 30 million units in a span of 15 years of (sometimes very hard) daily use. At this late date there are no surprises left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts