The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Esprit 3.5 and I need an oil pressure sending unit. I have read here before you can obtain locally, and my local parts store got me one that was the correct thread and said it was 2 psi different then factory. The problem is it reads backwards, light OFF on start up then ON with pressure. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I found a discussion online that the oil pressure sender for the 4 cylinder Esprit has 2 pins, one for the gauge and one for the light. That person used just one of them to drive the oil pressure light on a V8, and the threads allowed it to be installed in the original V8 switch location. Has anyone here done that?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If the pressure threshold is right, sounds like you just need a switch that's normally open instead of normally closed.

Take it to NAPA or any other good local auto parts store and they should be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Try Rdent.com he may be able to help you out, he ships real fast. He's in or near Quakertown PA. He's only 70 miles from me, I get stuff from him UPS next day most of the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts