The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a set of VDO oil pressure and temp gauges. Oil pressure has a warning LED that I attempted to connect. I tapped the oil pressure warning sensor and attached wires according to the VDO schematic, Neg - Switch, Pos - unswitched power.

Light on gauge stays on and never goes out, dash warning works as advertised. Is its possible the Lotus switch has a Pos connection?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.........

Thanks.........Bobby...........
07 Exige S

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
R u running off block or sandwhich plate?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Never mind read the whole post

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spliced the stock warning switch.

No problem bro!

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Wait, I'm not understanding here. If you installed an oil pressure gauge, why would you need to tap into the oem pressure sensor? Wouldn't the light in the gauge just use the signal from the aftermarket sender?

Have a link to the gauge you bought?

I haven't pulled an oil pressure switch off of my car yet, but its probably only 1 pin. When the car loses oil pressure, the sender unit is grounded completing the circuit which in turn, turns the oil pressure light on. You need to see if that wire that is tapped into is grounded already.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
The VDO oil pressure switches I have installed required running an extra wire. For an electric VDO switch you do have to run the stock oil light to add proper resistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts