The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Elise was recalled for the oil line problems. I've heard that this is the time to consider additional work.

It's my understanding that the dealer will already have the front clam off.

What types of "upgrades" should I be considered? and Why? and How much?

·
He's on fire!
3,159 Posts
Type of upgrade: radiator, SS brake lines
Why: Search!
How Much? Ask dealer

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried using the search function, and it's not very user friendly.

is someone else willing to be a bit more friendly and give me their opinion on why such upgrades would be recommended?

·
He's on fire!
3,159 Posts
really? I typed in 'radiator' and then 'ss brake lines' into the search function and the first page of results has plenty of info on why one might perform those changes while they were at it. The simple answer is because they may fail, and if they do it takes time to get the clam off and get to them.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
The radiator is really the major one. The SS lines are also a nice upgrade but the radiators tend to fail between year 5-7 so this is the ideal time on early cars to do the preventative maintenance.

·
He's on fire!
3,159 Posts
Does anyone know much about the St. Louis are Lotus dealer or the other one in Chicago are? I need to get recall work done and I am very hesitant to take my car to someone other than T.J.... :confused:
I'd say wait and see where TJ ends up going. Thats what I'm doing... if he ends up at a lotus dealer then the decision is easy. Don't do today what you can do tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Louder horn a possible consideration.
Got the Stebel Nautilus and 30-amp relay right here! Where do you get the high-current line for the relay? Is there a good source somewhere in the front of the car, or do you have to run a wire all the way from the battery in the back?

Would be a lot easier to put it in my Stag...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the positive feedback.
I'm happy to say that the previous owner already swapped out horn for a louder one.
HID's is something I overlooked, since the benefits are so overwhelming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts