The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what those of you that have done the sandwich plate delete have seen in oil temps compared to before the delete for street driving. I appreciate any info you have. I am trying to decide between the delete and replacing the lines.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wondering what those of you that have done the sandwich plate delete have seen in oil temps compared to before the delete for street driving. I appreciate any info you have. I am trying to decide between the delete and replacing the lines.
Sorry if I'm way out there on this, but wouldn't that require something like the EliseParts sandwich plate + sensors installed? Where would we normally get our oil temp readings without additional sensors/gauges?

I deleted my sandwich plate and ran the car yesterday at varying RPMs while it was about 85F outside and engine temps oscillated in street traffic like they normally do (187F - 195F if I'm stuck at a standstill for a few minutes).

Is there another way to see oil temps??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if I'm way out there on this, but wouldn't that require something like the EliseParts sandwich plate + sensors installed? Where would we normally get our oil temp readings without additional sensors/gauges?

I deleted my sandwich plate and ran the car yesterday at varying RPMs while it was about 85F outside and engine temps oscillated in street traffic like they normally do (187F - 195F if I'm stuck at a standstill for a few minutes).

Is there another way to see oil temps??
You are right it would take someone who added an oil temp gauge. I was just hopping maybe someone did this. I am just concerned that in time on 100 degree days the block will get hot. The celecas are front mount motors not rear. I am worried with a lot less air flow over the pan the oil will get hot on long road trips.

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
I'll be doing all of this soon. I'm going to add an oil temp and pressure gauge. Get readings with both stock coolers up front. Then I'll do the delete, and get readings as well. I'm trying to decide between the delete and relocation as well.

·
Registered
525 Posts
highway driving Im seeing oil temps reach 220 at highway speeds in 70 degree weather. At idle it drops down to 190ish..

Im kind of hesitant to say 220 is ok, but its within spec. When you start seeing 260, thats when you should worry.

this is with the sandwich delete. Waiting to replace crimps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts